2015 Dirty Moose XI ***Revised Date***

Race Information, Race Questions and Discussion. Offroad news and discussion.
AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2015 Dirty Moose XI ***Revised Date***

Post by AJRJ »

Well, as some of you know and the rest of you are about to find out, we had to post-pone our race on the weekend due to weather.

The new dates are September 26 & 27

Hope to see as many of you out there as possible, racers, spectators, and volunteers.

Thanks, GJ

GWsXR250R
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2015 Dirty Moose XI ***Revised Date***

Post by GWsXR250R »

Im working my self up to try this race! I'm a begginer to intermediate rider with zero racing experience.

I have read a bunch about the race on this forum but still have a few questions.

Is there camping available at fallen timber? Do I need to reserve a spot? Should I pull the trailer out Thursday to get a spot?

Do I need numbers or anything specific on my bike for the race?

I'm sure once I'm there its pretty self explanatory for registration and sign up?

The info and reply's will be appreciated.

Thanks

GW

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

GWsXR250R wrote:Im working my self up to try this race! I'm a begginer to intermediate rider with zero racing experience.

I have read a bunch about the race on this forum but still have a few questions.

Is there camping available at fallen timber? Do I need to reserve a spot? Should I pull the trailer out Thursday to get a spot?

Do I need numbers or anything specific on my bike for the race?

I'm sure once I'm there its pretty self explanatory for registration and sign up?

The info and reply's will be appreciated.

Thanks

GW
There is camping available, you can reserve in the upper loop. The lower loop is first come first serve, in my experience if you can get there by 3-4pm on Friday you will have no problem getting a spot in the lower loop.

For your first race just use some red tape and make your own numbers (I'm assuming you're racing beginner which is red on white numbers).

Registration will be at the race directors camp site in the lower loop. Look for the race banner but it should be somewhere between sites 37-39. Day license is $40, race entry is $45.

Hope to see you out there :thumbsup:
KTM 300 XCW
#184A

GWsXR250R
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by GWsXR250R »

Appreciate the response!

I will see what I can do about numbers. :cheers:

GW

GWsXR250R
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by GWsXR250R »

I need some info on numbers for my bike.

I've been looking on the forum and I don't know if I can put what ever numbers I want on my bike or if I have to choose from a list of what ever is still available?

Another thing, my buddy wants to come out and race on the weekend but is not insured or registered. It got me thinking, do I need to have my licence plate, insurance and registration on me during the race?

Thanks

GW

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

GWsXR250R wrote:I need some info on numbers for my bike.

I've been looking on the forum and I don't know if I can put what ever numbers I want on my bike or if I have to choose from a list of what ever is still available?

Another thing, my buddy wants to come out and race on the weekend but is not insured or registered. It got me thinking, do I need to have my licence plate, insurance and registration on me during the race?

Thanks

GW
You can put whatever you want on there, I've yet to see a conflict. The barcode on your helmet is the standings, the # will help people in your class recognize you. Just use the right colour duct tape. :D

You need to be insured and registered to ride on public land. We do however run under an exemption for lights and carrying registration & insurance on you during the race only Before or after you fall under the typical rules.

GWsXR250R
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by GWsXR250R »

Thanks for the Info!

I'm getting ancie, super excited and nervous at the same time for my first race experience. :crazy:

Any way, I've got a neighbour that makes decals that peel off when your tired of them. I'm going to try them on my Bike and post pictures if any one is interested in short term or long term decal or numbers in this case for your bike.

Shoot me a PM if interested and I will get you some contact info.

:cheers: GW

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

Is this race still scheduled for normal time for the riders meeting and start? The frosty mornings have me curious, and slightly scared :D

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Normal times. It will be perfect riding conditions.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

GWsXR250R
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by GWsXR250R »

Just want to send a big shout out to all the people that made that unreal race possible! :nworthy: Can't even imaging the time and effort involved in making those loops.

It was my first race and was quite the experience and eye opener. I considered myself an average rider until I did this. I have a lot of practicing to do before I attemp that again.

Thanks to all in the club that gave support, motivation and the odd pull when I needed it.

GW

rock933
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rock933 »

I wish I could have made it down this weekend, work gets in the way. The Dirty Moose is my favorite race of the year.

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

Best race of the year easily!

Thanks again

Anyone have the results posted?

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

Saturday results are on our Facebook page. Click the link at the top of the page.

The race was so awesome!

The work put in by Geoff and Tanaya organizing and Howard and Alex making that awesome course is unfathomable. Countless others have done a ton of work to pull this off as well. :nworthy: :applause:

Job well done people! I had a ton of fun all weekend and thought the entire thing was very well planned, organized and executed.

Can't wait for next year :thumbsup: :cheers:
KTM 300 XCW
#184A

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Nice results folks.

Would anyone happened to grab Steve Roach's 40B 3rd place plate/trophy? He had to split immediately after race for family obligations.
Bikeless....

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

I will check the enclosed trailer just incase its in a box.