This week in the RMDRA

Board and Club news. Board protocol. New users check here.
giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

This week in the RMDRA

Post by giantjoe »

As some of you have noticed, there has been a bit of an uproar this week regarding classified bumping, hassling the moderator and even suspension of forum access. The executive has held a special meeting to discuss these happenings and want members to know that all voices are important to us and the community as a whole.

As a community, the RMDRA strives to be advocates for and exemplars of responsible trail users. We love trails, and we want to work constructively with our community to foster good relationships with anyone who may help us get, build, or maintain trails. As a community, we hold ourselves to a high standard of behavior on and off the trail. We have have succeeded by "taking the high road" on potentially damaging situations towards our community. It is with this point of view that I'd like to address the current situation.

Recently, a handful of our community have repeatedly broken a key forum rule against hassling the moderator. This has led to a forum suspension of a long time member, and subsequent short term suspensions for some others. It’s important to realize that the moderators are volunteers and try to have everyone’s best interest in mind. As the RMDRA Executive, we fully support the moderators and appreciate the time, effort, and diligence that goes into moderation procedures. For us, it boils down to respect – as soon as our community loses the expectation of respect among members, we put the entire community at risk. While the situation may not have unfolded as gracefully as we would have liked, the executive chose to uphold these decisions with hopes that it will lead to a better long term result.

I would encourage every member of this forum to read the forum rules again and understand the established expectations of conduct within the forum. I believe the rules are consistent with the respectful environment we aspire to maintain, and I do not believe that we as a community are asking too much of ourselves.

In addition to rules, any functioning community needs a mechanism to reflect and consider changes that can improve the community – it is certainly not our intent to quell constructive and useful feedback, but we need a respectful mechanism. We have on occasion sought feedback in an open thread, but at this time we feel it best to let the subject cool a bit in public and instead request private feedback.

Please do not hesitate to send comments regarding this specific issue via PM. You may contact me (giantjoe) directly if you feel there is some respectful and constructive input you would like to bring forward.

See you on the trails,
Joe
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

cmurray
Contributor
Contributor

Re: This week in the RMDRA

Post by cmurray »

:applause:
2009 WR 250 F

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member