Forum Passwords - Bugs and quams.

Site feedback, bugs, Report it here. How do I? Ask here.
HollywoodMX
User
User

Forum Passwords - Bugs and quams.

Post by HollywoodMX »

I always had issues trying to remember this sites user password. I always had to do the "forgot my password" , yet I always had troubles with it, resulting it having to email the admins. Turns out it was an IE6 issue. Basicaly the change password page after you have forgotten it does not process properly on IE6.

That aside,using the complex passwords is a pain in this forum only because no other forum I have ever used uses complex passwords, it's extremely unorthadox. Is is a non adjustable feature? If it is just a setting, as a user providing feedback, it would be nice to change it to regular passwords. I never would have had password problems if it was a regular password. For the most part, I gave up posting here for that very reason.

With a forum that is not that active one would think you would want it to be easier for people to login and post something.
06 YZ 250 - Nicely modifed Woodzilla.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Forum Passwords - Bugs and quams.

Post by dirtyboy »

Thank you for your feedback.

My research indicates that when you do the "I forgot my password" thing it may require you to clear all temporary files. The manufacturer's web site doesn't indicate an issue with IE6.

Why don't you try using yz250hollywood for your password? I bet you could remember that. :D

The passwords are set at a reasonable level to protect the users and administrators of the forum from trivial hacker attempts. In other words the password level is set at 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.

marshall
User
User

Post by marshall »

I forgot my password for the second time. I am logged in on my home computer but i have no way to change my password because it requires me to enter my current one (unknown).

Why don't i remember it? because its not one of my usual ones. It requires i deviate from my norm.

So where do i stand? if somehow i get logged out, i am screwed and will need to email and ask for help again.

I have been reading forums for years and have never had a situation like this. :applause:
Red Gmc Jimmy-- Trailer-- '02 Kx 250

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Email received from Marshall last Friday
marshall wrote:Thank you muchly. I have changed my account settings.

I love the password btw!

Marshall
Marshall check your email, I just sent you a new password via email last Friday.

marshall
User
User

Post by marshall »

ya i know. I changed it immediately, then i tried to log in at work and its not working. Then i tired to change my password and thats not working (required my old password).

Its possible I'm a re***** and put some weird number or character in there to satisfy the password requirements.

Can you email me a new(or the same) password and ill leave it like that forever, and be able to reference it in my email?
:crybaby:
Red Gmc Jimmy-- Trailer-- '02 Kx 250

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

Kinda reminds me of Jan from the brady bunch saying "Marshall, marshall, marshall!" :lol:
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

absurveyor wrote:Kinda reminds me of Jan from the brady bunch saying "Marshall, marshall, marshall!" :lol:
Who..from what ???

:smirk:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member