Can't Change My Signature

Site feedback, bugs, Report it here. How do I? Ask here.
BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Can't Change My Signature

Post by BackInAction »

Hey DB!

I was just trying to update my cool signature but repeatedly am getting my mods rejected with an indication message from the system that my signature is too long.

Funny thing is, I am trying changes that actually make what I am trying to enter a new & shorter signature than my old one.

Have the rules changed since I first created my signature such that, the original is OK as long as I leave it alone, but the system will now only tolerate something 1/3 or less than it used to allow? I have considerably reduced the number of characters, below the number in the signature I now already have, and not yet found anything the system would accept.

I am also stumped by the avatar. I have never been able to find any picture, except the default horse from the forum gallery that I have been using since day 1, with a small enough file size to allow it to be posted even though the file size is way below the maximum stated. I have also worked away at some pics to insure they meet the 100x100 pixel minimum dimension. Even though I the system will not allow me the simplest of pics, I see other avatars on the forum with animation that obviously cannot even exist at the stated max. bytes presumed to be the upper cap on file size.

Why does the profile tool hate me?
’07 Berg FE650E
'06 DRZ400S
Goals: Start a race in 2012;Roost Fryguy;Wheelie in 6th;Beer

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

The signature limit may have been larger previously. It is currently 150 characters. Many options were very loose at first and slowly have been reduced for various reasons. I know that your posts are never 1 liners but I think the thought is that we don't want the signature too big. Should it be bigger than a small post?

Avatar - Are you clicking on the "Show Gallery" button in your profile and then Select a Category (there are 3 categories)? You should see the avatars.

If you want to send me the picture via email, (address available by clicking "Contact Us" above) I'll see if I can change the sizing to make it work with the forum. 100px X 100px is the maximum size to upload to the forum. Some others have their avatars hosted on other servers so the sizing may be different.

BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BackInAction »

Thanks for the coaching. I went back over my stuff again and made it work. Avatar is a bit indistinct but, so am I, so it'll do for now.

Thanks! :D
’07 Berg FE650E
'06 DRZ400S
Goals: Start a race in 2012;Roost Fryguy;Wheelie in 6th;Beer

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Awesome! Glad I could help.