Spam filter

Site feedback, bugs, Report it here. How do I? Ask here.
WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Spam filter

Post by WR_Dave »

Is there not a way to use the spam/robot filter number entering system to keep all the spam sludge off the site? WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I have one on here. It's tough to combat. Do you have any suggestions?

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

A lot of websites use those images that require you to decipher the letters before you can sign up, Ticketmaster and Facebook use this type of thing, to name a couple. Maybe we could implement that to prevent automated sign ups?

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

cedric wrote:A lot of websites use those images that require you to decipher the letters before you can sign up, Ticketmaster and Facebook use this type of thing, to name a couple. Maybe we could implement that to prevent automated sign ups?
This forum does that on the registration page.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

My bad, I don't remember having to do that.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I think on KTMTalk as a newb you can only reply to posts, once you have replied 10 times you are granted posting authority....would that help?

I really dont know much about how to stop these losers....they sure are annoying.

:cheers:

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Sorry DB, it's been a long time since I signed in that way. What Cedric was talking about is the thing I was thinking about. Brad's idea sounds pretty good too, but I assume that the spammers would just reply to a bunch of stuff with the sludge they are slinging. WR Dave. :excuse:
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

MotorEd wrote:I think on KTMTalk as a newb you can only reply to posts, once you have replied 10 times you are granted posting authority....would that help?
I think that would help a lot, however I don't have the ability to do that at this point in time. Then again, you'd also be blocking the new guys for posting in the Introductions area.

There are some better tools available and better pictures with numbers and letters (like Cedric mentioned) that could be installed in the future. It's a busy time of year right now....

I have had some spammers from free sites so I have blocked free emails. Thanks for the suggestion MotorEd. :thumbsup: