APRIL OUTAGE

Board and Club news. Board protocol. New users check here.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

APRIL OUTAGE

Post by dirtyboy »

Hi everyone,

I haven't been happy with the web hosting for the forum over the past couple of years. There have been too many small outages where I usually create a service ticket and by the time I follow the process and wait for a response (and the response is "try again") the web site is working again. And to top this off there was a huge rate increase for the web hosting.

So I am looking at moving web hosting providers this week. If you have any real world experience with web hosting companies and want to share, please PM me. I may not respond to every suggestion but know that I will do the best that I can to keep this forum up and running. If things go horribly wrong, or you just want your RMDRA fix, remember the web site http://rockymountaindirtriders.com will be the best way to communicate to you. Big thanks to Giant Joe for maintaining the web site! :applause: :applause:

So what will you see?

The forum will be disabled (You will see a small page that looks like this forum in color that says that the forum has been disabled)

While the forum is disabled I will be moving everything to a new web host and changing the DNS settings. About 8 hours later (maybe a day) the forum should be back live again and we will be operating in a new location. You may see some other error messages depending on the process before we are up and running again.

If there are major problems or communication is required remember the web site will be running and there is a link there for the forum (hint: if the link needs to change the web site will have the new link)

I'm sorry for any disruption but this has to happen fast and I don't know the details yet.

See you soon.

:cheers: