Huge thank-you to all who took part in swap meet

Board and Club news. Board protocol. New users check here.
Zook
Journalist
Journalist

Huge thank-you to all who took part in swap meet

Post by Zook »

A huge thank-you to all who took part in the 1st Annual Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders Swap Meet.
It was a smokin' success.
Vendors did a great job setting up and brought a lot of quality schwag to sell -- Bruce's Gas Gas trials bike was definitely a show-stopper, and Claude's Gas Gas enduro also got a lot of second looks. And the buyers came out with cash, a lot of merch moved -- I think you guys cleaned Shane right out. Totally awesome.
:applause: I have to extend extra thanks to Allison for putting the word on the street about this event. She brought in a lot of interested buyers. :nworthy: Sean Brenan also gets a big thank-you for setting up the signage directing people to our super secret swap meet hideaway at the Panavision complex on CFB Currie.
:cheers: And, finally, Stefan gets a huge pat on the back for supplying the space for this event. Thanks, Stefan. Hope your busted leg heals up soon so you can get that big, blue machine back on the trails this spring.
Now that we have our first swap meet under our belt, we'll be looking to improve for the next one.
If you have any question/comments/suggestions on how to make our next swap meet even better, please post them and we'll endeavour to make it happen.
It's the continued contributions/input from our members that make events like this fly.
Again, thanks to everyone for making this an enjoyable happening. We'll definitely do it again. :thumbsup:
Brendan Nagle
04 DRZ400e
Me and tools have an understanding: If I don't use them, they don't break my stuff.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Huge thank-you to all who took part in swap meet

Post by MotorEd »

Thanks for organizing, obviously a ton of work put into this event and it turned out great :applause:

This should be an annual event for the club, great way to get rid of stuff and give great deals to our club members!

:cheers:

Dirtbuddy420
Writer
Writer

Post by Dirtbuddy420 »

Very welcome for the space. :thumbsup:

Glad to see the turn out and the amount of gear that was for sale.
2008 WR450

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I really thought it went well. My only suggestion would be to have it on a weekend so as to have more time to set up and shop. The Vintage Club has one every Sept at the Millarville Race Track, a much larger venue and more people attending, maybe we could join up with them? Just and idea.
Claude

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I would like to have Bruce with the GG 280 Trials bike contact me, thanks. Claude
Claude

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Thanks to everyone who helped... Especially Zook! Nice work guys!

I like Claude's idea of doing it on a weekend. Perhaps a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. We could have a BBQ and beers after.

I could see that becoming a real February tradition :thumbsup:
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

Bruce
Writer
Writer

Post by Bruce »

I'm thinking Umbrella girls like the Superbike races! Bet we'd get an even bigger turnout!
'09 Husaberg FE 570
'10 Ducati Multistrada S