2014 Memberships / Bike Show Memberships

Board and Club news. Board protocol. New users check here.
Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2014 Memberships / Bike Show Memberships

Post by Bark »

Thanks to anyone and everyone who supported the club at the bike show again this year. We appreciate everyone's support and look forward to seeing everyone out on the trials.

Just as a reminder, the membership process is not 'automatic.' There is a human powered process that converts your application into a red colored forum handle/name. I'll do my best to get this done in a couple of weeks by the 26th of January, end of January latest.

This includes memberships from the Cycleworks event in December! :blush:

Thanks,
Aaron

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2014 Memberships / Bike Show Memberships

Post by dirtyboy »

Thanks for your efforts on this Bark. It is appreciated. :applause: :applause: :applause:

timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by timbruce »

dirtyboy wrote:Thanks for your efforts on this Bark. It is appreciated. :applause: :applause: :applause:
well said Dave

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

dirtyboy wrote:Thanks for your efforts on this Bark. It is appreciated. :applause: :applause: :applause:
Shout out to for Bark :applause:
#Z3B

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

x3 :thumbsup:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Hi,

As an update, I believe I'm about 50% complete updating the forum 2014 membership group update for those who purchased memberships at the show. (This means updating the red stars under forum names to say '2014 RMDRA Member.')

If you purchased a 2014 membership at the show and your name hasn't changed yet, please give it another week. Its coming slowly. I'd really like to be done that part in the next 2 to 3 days.

I have not sent out any e-mail confirmations, yet. Once I've done the forum names, I'll move on to that task.

Appreciate your patience folks!

Cheers,
Aaron

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Hi,

I've now processed the forum side of all of the 2014 RMDRA memberships purchased at the bike show. This means that I've added the handle on the membership form to the '2014 RMDRA Member' group on the forum. Being in the group means your handle will be red with stars beneath it.

For reference:
- 62% of applications identified their handle (forum name, mine is 'Bark')
- 33% of applications did not identify their handle (if they have one)
- 9% of applications identify a handle that does not exist

If you forgot to mention your handle, no worries, send me a PM or send an e-mail to RMDRAMembers@hotmail.com. There is a good chance for me to be inundated with email over the next few weeks, so your patience will be appreciated. The e-mail I send out will explain most things, so please read that if you are experiencing troubles.

Thanks,
Aaron

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Just a note that I had hoped to get all the e-mails out this past weekend. However, I ran into some computer issues and did not get it done. In fact, not a single e-mail went out. :blush:

I am still hoping to have all that complete by the end of weekend of February 1/2. Fingers crossed.

Thanks all,
Aaron

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Finally, e-mails are out and I'm all caught up. If you're eagerly anticipating this, please check your spam folders.

Going forward, I generally do this task Saturday morning over a nice, hot cup of Java. My wife makes the best coffee in the universe! Yes, I wrote universe! So, please allow at least a week for processing if you pay via Paypal.

Thanks all,
Aaron

For those that never receive this rather long, boring email, here it is in all its gory detail. Feel very free to ignore it!

This note is to acknowledge that we've received your 2014 RMDRA membership dues. Thanks kindly for the support!

This is a volunteer human powered process, we appreciate your patience!

Beyond this notice there is nothing further in writing. There is no membership card, for example. If you purchased via Paypal, you may receive a receipt from Paypal. However, this notice is the only acknowledgement you’ll receive from the club.

If you’re experiencing issues with your forum account, or have a question, below you’ll find some answers to some commonly asked questions. If you’re already roosting, no need to put yourself to sleep with it.

Maps – Where’s my map?

If you paid in person, there is a good chance you’ll already have your map. If you paid via Paypal, we don’t send maps out by mail. Please show up at any RMDRA event in person and ask for a map. Keep an eye on the forum for upcoming events.

If you’re willing to drive to pick up, please just send a note. Many of the exec volunteers have maps at their disposal for folks to pickup.

Annual Membership – Wait! I paid up only 6 months ago? I should have 6 more months.

The membership is an annual membership that expires for everyone on December 31. We do offer ‘advance’ memberships after roughly September 15 of the previous year. This early renewal date is designed to happen after guided rides have stopped for the season but early enough to join late season RMDRA events.

Forum Handle – My handle isn’t
red on the forum, what’s up?

Turning your forum handle red is the outward sign you’ve joined for the calendar year. If you’re name isn’t red, it means we didn’t get your forum name with your application. This happens more than one would think:

For reference, for the applications processed from September 15, 2013 to January 12, 2014 (at the bike show):
- 62% of applications identified their handle (forum name, mine is 'Bark')
- 33% of applications did not identify their handle (if they have one)
- 9% of applications identify a handle that does not exist

If you need your forum name turned red, please respond to this note with your forum handle and your full name. Sometimes the Paypal name is different that the user name, etc. Its much easier for me if you tell me your name, again. Thanks!

How do I join the forum?

Here’s the forum: http://forums.rmdra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't have an account on the forum, no problem. Just follow the 'Register' link to create an account. I cannot do this for you. You must do it yourself.

Once you’ve registered:

Please respond to this note with your forum handle and your full name. Sometimes the Paypal name is different that the user name, etc. Its much easier for me if you tell me your name, again. Thanks!

What to do if you forgot your password?

If you cannot remember your password:
1. Follow the ‘Login’ link.
2. Follow the 'I forgot my password' or ‘Resend activation e-mail’ link.
3. Enter your username & e-mail address and click ‘Submit’.
4. This must be the e-mail address associated with your account. If you have not changed this via your user control panel then it is the e-mail address you registered your account with.
5. I cannot do this for you. You must do it yourself.

What to do if you forgot your username?

If you forgot your username, start a new account. Just follow the 'Register' link to create an account. I cannot do this for you. You must do it yourself.

Side bar, there is a common theme here: ‘I cannot do this for you. You must do it yourself.’ This is added to be clear and is required for your security. This forum information is located within secure areas of the website and is not accessible by any volunteers in the club.

I have many e-mail addresses, which one should I choose?

It’s a good idea to use an e-mail address that is 100% free to use like: Google Mail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, the list goes on.

It’s a good idea to use a personal e-mail account that is not dependent on your employment (you might change jobs) or your internet service provider (you might change providers).

This is entirely your decision.

What to do if you no longer have access to the e-mail you registered your account with?

This is not a problem if you remember your password. Change the email on record with the forum in your User Account settings.

If you no longer have access to the e-mail that you used to register the account and you cannot remember your password, you should start a new account.

I’d prefer not to use the forum.

If you don't use the forum, no worries. Its not mandatory, its just where we network and talk single track stuff. Its fun and you're welcome to try it out. Follow the paragraphs above if you want to try it.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

That's about it, cheers,
Aaron