Position Paper Submission to SSRP

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
clamacious
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Position Paper Submission to SSRP

Post by clamacious »

Yes, it's a good paper and I really appreciate the effort that went into it's preparation.

I also took the time to forward it to my MLA and commented in my email that I felt that crown land is ultimately public land and as such it should be accessible by the general public for all responsible and reasonable recreational uses. The SSRP should not be a process that unnecessarily restricts broad public enjoyment of what is a public resource.

I would encourage other folks to send of a copy of the report to their MLA as well, especially if they are opposition members. There are some good general principles here that need to be voiced.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

I'm starting to like my MLA... Just a little note, I've sent him a couple things in the past and he knows that I didn't vote for him. He's still looking out for my interests. Don't be so down on your politicians, there may just be a few good ones around!?

----------------->just some guy<-----------------

clamacious
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by clamacious »

I'm in Wild Rose country, that is to say we have an opposition MLA. I got a fairly prompt reply to my initial email saying that my concerns, together with the club's submission pdf file would be sent on the their SRD critic. And I just received this additional response:

Thank you for sharing your concerns on regional planning with the Wildrose Caucus. As Mr. Stier is the Official Opposition Critic for Sustainable Resource Development, our office has been forwarded your concerns.

The Wildrose Official Opposition shares your concern that this PC government’s approach to land stewardship does not solidly protect the rights of Albertans to responsibly enjoy Crown land, through such activities as off-roading.

Mr. Stier and the Wildrose will continue to advocate for a reasonable approach to land use management, focusing on the protection of property rights and responsible enjoyment of the land.

I encourage you to visit the South Saskatchewan Regional Plan consultation website (https://www.landuse.alberta.ca/Regional ... fault.aspx) and participate in that process. Your input is invaluable to ensuring that not only are your views heard by the government, but that the government recognizes that there are many Albertans who take these issues seriously.

Maybe this doesn't change things but at least we are getting some degree of recognition. Some effort is definitely better than none.....

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

:applause: :canada: :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

I have met Neil Brown on several occasions, he is defintely an advocate for the off road community...
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

schwang
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by schwang »

Awsome!!! :applause: :applause: :banana: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:
2012 xcw 300
Dan.s