South Saskatchewan Regional Plan Phase Two Consultation

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: South Saskatchewan Regional Plan Phase Two Consultation

Post by timbruce »

Great idea Aaron. :applause:

Will do

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

timbruce wrote:Great idea Aaron. :applause:

Will do
SO, who is in for some bench racing tonight after the open house?

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I'm in! I just obtained some information as posted in my other post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9190

Please check it out and voice your opinion to the government.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

If you're wondering if you should go tonight. Then here’s another concern that could be disastrous for us.
This is part of SSRP's recommendation to government regarding OHV use.
SSRP.jpg
https://landuse.alberta.ca/LandUse%20Do ... 011-03.pdf

I think we can all agree that designated trails are the best way to manage ORM use (as evident in Mclean). But how does SRD plan on managing ORM trail use in unmanaged area’s like Porkies and Livingston area’s? We’ve seen how the GHOST was a complete disaster for us with no designated single track trails in the original plan and only one single track trail being implemented after 6 years of working with the GSMG. This is not a workable approach for the rest of Alberta. Or we will be left with no where to ride for generations.

How is SRD going to preserve the existing single track trails when they implement this plan? How are these trails going to grow as riders increase?

Limiting us to quad trails like in the Ghost is NOT the answer!
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

WRocks wrote:Whether you are planning to attend the SSRP meetings or not, fill out the online questionnaire.
Done. Those things make my head hurt the wording is so wishy-washy. I don't know how they actually consider that to be good feedback. Maybe it's just me, English class was not my strong suite in school.

At least you can get your point across in the comments sections.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

thanks to the numbers of RMDRA members that were there last night. We were able to have a good discussion with one of the facilitators and wound up closing the event down with them.

One important take away from last night (aside from don't order the dill pickle ribs) is that you can go into the workbook online and only answer the recreational section that is of the most importance to us and leave the rest. Your comments and scoring is still included in the overall evaluation. Now you have no excuse not to go online and fill the short section out. Be passionate in your responses.

Please make the time to go to some of the other upcoming sessions (Airdrie, Okotoks, Cochrane, Lethbridge) and express your concerns. This is a critical stage of the process and we need to be a part of it.

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

Another excellent finding last night is that there is a second, possibly more influential, venue to communicate our message: Stakeholder Sessions!

On each day before the listed public session, there is a Stakeholder Session at the same venue from 10am - 2pm in which there is detailed review, discussion (and debate!) of the content of the RAC Advice. Comments from the Stakeholders are captured and collected on little coloured cards then displayed on the wall during the Public Session later that afternoon and tabulated in the consultation report.

Two pieces of good news:
- someone at the Calgary Stakeholder session made a strongly negative content about section 6.4.4.10 which Jamie references above
- it is not too late to sign up for the stakeholder sessions. Their primary constraint is, oddly enough, catering!

I had a good conversation with a Dave Borutski, Senior Policy Manager from the Land Use Secretariat (Provincial Government) and upon his advice will be sending him a formal request to get added to the stakeholder list. I intend to attend the Cochrane Stakeholder Session, and believe we could influence the direction of this process if we are able to get folks to some of the other sessions:
Airdrie - Tuesday November 20
Canmore - Wednesday November 21
Cochrane - Thursday November 22
Okotoks - Wednesday, November 28
Strathmore - Thursday, November 29

If you are able to attend one of the stakeholder sessions, please let me know the date/city that works and I will connect you to Mr. Borutski.
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Excellent Job Guys.

Rob count me in (and others) for the Cochrance Stakeholder session.

Also, congrats to Peter Straub for making the news :applause:

"...“We’re spitting mad,” said Peter Straub of the Rocky Mountain Land Cruiser Association, which uses the trail system in southern Alberta for off-roading. “It’s a recipe for closure of our activities.”..."

http://www.canada.com/mobile/iphone/sto ... id=7543693

Keep the pressure on. Everyone is making a difference. :applause: :canada: :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

nice to see Stanton in there too :thumbsdown:

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Glad to see a good turn out last night! I agree with keeping the pressure on. If we could have fresh faces raising a stink about Motorized Recreation at the stakeholder sessions of the rest of the meetings, maybe someone will get the point.

After reading the Recommendations through, it sure seems like someone's trying to pull a fast one on Motorized Access... We have to make sure that doesn't happen!!!

:cheers:
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

Are there some members going to the Cochrane or Airdrie meetings? I would like to try and make it to one of those or both. I would also like to sit in a stakeholder session too but don't know if I could make it to those.

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

I plan to be at the cochrane meeting.
#Z3B

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

I should be able to make Strathmore.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I'm going to the SSRP stakeholder session on Tuesday in Airdrie 10-2

I believe that we have folks going to the stakeholder meeting in Cochrane. If you can make any other stakeholder meetings, contact one of us and we'll get you hooked up with registration and we will have a few pointers.

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

I don't think Tuesdays stakeholder session will work for me but I am hoping to make the open house and going to try and make it to the cochrane stakeholder session on Thursday.