General Question..

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

General Question..

Post by Shibby! »

Was just reading some of the GAMP information on the main page and some questions came to mind after reading an article in a magazine "Canada Rider" (I think, this month's issue).

I'm just curious, when riding BarC and the river area, what they are doing to the river bed at the far end by the lake? They talk about OHV's crossing rivers and bogs (earths natural water filters) and causing problems, but yet they are completely changing the river bed of this area? Is this to fix natural damage caused by this past year floods?

This whole talk of OHV and water, is this because these rivers provide water for towns like Wiaprous and flow into the bow where I assume Calgary retrieves its water?

And I know this fact has been stressed but nobody listens or can do anything about it, but if they are making a big deal about vehicles crossing rivers they should really look into industrial processes and their polution. This doesn't even compare to the environmental strain that the industry allows.

Just looking for more information that is put out in a straight line rather then all the scattered information posted on some sites. I am in no way knowledgeable about geological and biological matters, but hope to talk to my sister sometime which is.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

There are some huge differences in how the Govt handles business (like forestry,mining,oil and gas etc) and the general public when it comes to public land. The business sector out there have guidelines to follow and for the most part today they try to use some commomn sense however they contribute HUGE dollars to the economy and that makes a big difference! :banghead:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!