AWA Press Release: Moratorium on Motorized Access

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

AWA Press Release: Moratorium on Motorized Access

Post by Hendrix13 »

The Radical Environmentalists are out in full force this week!

http://albertawilderness.ca/front-page- ... l/download

"..if we are serious about grizzly bear recovery, the only responsible action is to halt new road and trail building until thresholds defined in the Recovery Plan are met."

http://albertawilderness.ca/front-page- ... y-survival

There are other solutions to this besides halt all progress. Why not work with clubs like ours to build sustainable trails that meet their criteria??
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: AWA Press Release: Moratorium on Motorized Access

Post by dirtyboy »

Hendrix13 wrote:There are other solutions to this besides halt all progress. Why not work with clubs like ours to build sustainable trails that meet their criteria??
:applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

oldguy
User
User

Post by oldguy »

why dont they stop clearcutting the forrest if they want more density. Both Mclean and Ghost have ramped up thier logging operations. Somebody needs to take some video of the clear cuts and get them on TV.

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Clear cutting is OK,because it will kill the pine beetle. If all the pine beetles are dead then they won't bite any Grizzlies and the Grizzly will be saved. See it works !!!!!!!!
:crazy:
WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

I find it intersting that they don't mention shutting down the railroads through Grizzly country.
A litttle known fact is that more Grizzlies (who feed on spilled grain and dead animals) are killed by trains than all other fatality types combined.
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Here's the government stats.

http://www.srd.alberta.ca/FishWildlife/ ... Rates.aspx

It should also be noted that the Grizzly bear report only recommended 1.2 km/km2 of trails a 4x4 can drive on (50 inches). The greenies are trying to change the recommendation to infer that it means any linear disturbance. It does not.

Dirt bikes do NOT kill bears!!!
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

nor do quads, 4x4's, travel trailers, hunting rigs, motorhomes, etc :)
i agree with Aaron that Trains are the biggest vehicle cause of death to the bear.

Do you think in your lifetime that we would be as powerful as AWA and everytime we talk, we get quoted in all the major publications?
One could dream i guess.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I wonder if any of these grizzly bear activist fruit cakes ever go out hiking in grizzly bear country...and if they do, what would they carry for protection? or would that be a contradiction to what they preach? Imagine a newspaper headline that includes one of these activists getting mauled by a griz? I wonder if they would change their tune.

I love grizzly's just as much as the next mountain man, but dirt bikes, quads or trucks do not effect them in any way. I have seen and enjoyed more bears then most greenies and that is thanks to my dirt bike. By the way, how do these greens go out and observe bears? if not on quads or trucks, then they would have to use a chopper. now that's loud and offensive!! F*****g hypocrites.
I think theses activists should think things through a little more before they shoot themselves in the foot.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

oldguy
User
User

Post by oldguy »

look for the pink ribbon with black stripes at mclean. those ribbons are there to show the loggers where the forest is to be cut down. there are a lot of them - all over the area. there isnt going to be much forest left at mclean.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Don't worry, all the clowns that have jumped on the "grizzly" bandwagon will soon be lead by the nose to something else, always thinking they are "leading the pack", never realizing they are being manipulated and rounded up for someone elses profit. The human story just keeps going round and round... Quote from the "good book"... "There is nothing new under the sun".
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS