Assessment of the Cumulative Effects of Land Use (GHOST)

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Assessment of the Cumulative Effects of Land Use (GHOST)

Post by Hendrix13 »

Nice. Well at least it's good to know there's life at the other end. :D
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Hendrix13 wrote:Nice. Well at least it's good to know there's life at the other end. :D
I still have all my nice rejection letters that the Gov't folks sent me when I wrote letters back in 2005/06 when the GAMP was a looming black cloud in the distance :D

Looks like it is time to dust off the pen and write some new letters...

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

I may have gotten an indirect response??
Ghost PLUZ Facebook page wrote:
Motorcycles may use all designated trails permitting off-highway vehicle use in the Ghost PLUZ.

SRD established and empowered the multi-stakeholder Ghost Stewardship Monitoring Group (GSMG) to consider and make recommendations on the implementation of the Ghost Access Management Plan. The GSMG may make recommendations related to the designated trail system for SRD's consideration. However, the GSMG should not be seen as solely responsible or accountable for creating or managing the designated trail system.

Land-use in the Ghost PLUZ is complex and the GSMG has developed process to systematically assess trail proposals in the context of this complexity. SRD respects the GSMG's commitment to honoring the purpose for which it was created and for considering the range of interests in the area.

Since establishing its proposal evaluation processes, six of the seven proposals accepted by GSMG for review have been recommended to SRD for implementation. These recommendations were accepted and approved by the department for implementation.

Sustainable Resource Development encourages all singletrack and other OHV enthusiasts to work with the GSMG to bring forward proposals related to the designated trail network. At this time, the department does not consider proposals made outside the GSMG process. If you would like more information on the GSMG, please contact Mr. Roger Meyer, Land Use Planning Officer at 403-297-8800 (toll-free by first dialing 310-0000).
----------------->just some guy<-----------------