Camping may long

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
bigdaub
User
User

Camping may long

Post by bigdaub »

Just wondering what the rules are for random camping around the fallen timber area. I'm going out this weekend and was hoping to leave my trailer out there until next week. Does anyone recommend
Doing this, or is it a bad idea? Thanks!

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Camping may long

Post by Hendrix13 »

bigdaub wrote:Just wondering what the rules are for random camping around the fallen timber area. I'm going out this weekend and was hoping to leave my trailer out there until next week. Does anyone recommend
Doing this, or is it a bad idea? Thanks!
The rules for random camping is.

- Maximum 14 days
- 1 KM from any Provincial Recreation Area (PRA), ie 1km from any campground. If you look at the Ghost map any of the area's in yellow are off-limit's for random camping.
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

bigdaub
User
User

Post by bigdaub »

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! My friends and I are still going out but we will all be leaving our bikes at home! I should clarify as well, can you use deadfall for firewood, and are there any liquor restrictions for the long weekend?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

bigdaub wrote:Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! My friends and I are still going out but we will all be leaving our bikes at home! I should clarify as well, can you use deadfall for firewood, and are there any liquor restrictions for the long weekend?
no liquor restrictions unless on motorized vehicles.
deadfall- technically not allowed to burn or move as part of the forest floor. You may be legally get around that if you get a tree cutting permit from SRD.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com