State of the MCC

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
cedric
Novelist
Novelist

State of the MCC

Post by cedric »

I found this link on another forum, we don't hear much from Darryl around here lately, I'm guessing he's burnt out:
Linky

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: State of the MCC

Post by Dobi »

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by thumper-darryl »

My apologies to the biking community for even lowering my self by responding to sludge like this below.
Still busy working with Ab Gov on access issues, but have no time for anything that is not productive.
This is why I avoid the RMDRA
Last edited by thumper-darryl on Tue May 03, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

Still not understanding the point of vilifying MCC AFTER the monetary judgement was awarded. The only conclusion I can draw was to portray a negative opinion of MCC, which puts the funding that COHV/MCC gets from the manufacturers at risk. In turn the provincial organizations rely on this funding to sustain their organizations.

I'd be shocked if MCC did not stipulate that a settlement agreement be signed, prior to releasing the funds, requiring the counterparty to immediately cease and desist communicating publicly about this action.

Also noticed thumper-darryl no longer has member status?
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by thumper-darryl »

My desire is to have nothing to do with, or no comment on MCC but I will respond when false comments are made. The judgment is a matter of public record, but I will not comment on it myself. Now behind me.
Being an active member of the RMDRA was perceived as a conflict by some people last year so for now I did not renew my membership, but am still actively working on behalf of the ORM community on a number of levels.

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

Interesting to see that thumper-darryl's original post has been edited to remove basically all of the original content. This now makes it difficult for anyone reading this thread to understand my post following it.

The appropriate thing to do would be to leave the post as it was and post a new comment at the bottom of the thread.
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

WRocks wrote:Interesting to see that thumper-darryl's original post has been edited to remove basically all of the original content. This now makes it difficult for anyone reading this thread to understand my post following it.

The appropriate thing to do would be to leave the post as it was and post a new comment at the bottom of the thread.
I read the original post Wrocks and am with ya on this one.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I didn't read any of this until now, however I am not impressed with editing a post to give a different meaning after others have posted. Spelling mistakes are fine to fix but to delete and change the meaning completely is not tolerated on this forum.

Back to the topic, I was going to post here earlier because I was previously one of the ORC members, however I felt it wasn't important enough to bring up. And now it seems ridiculous to post.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by thumper-darryl »

Original post basically duplicated much of content from magazine article so was too long winded. Still same content and facts, nothing missing.

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

Obviously not the impression of those who read the post before it was edited.
I'll remember next time to quote all thumper-darryl's post when responding to them.
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by thumper-darryl »

Aaron. Not to worry. I have stayed away from the RMDRA due to attitides like this and will make sure to stay away totally from now on. Information I will have from time to time that is of interest to the motorcycling community will be distributed through the ASORM website and Snow and mud website.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Well my apologies to all for stirring up this hornets nest, obviously more going on here than I have any idea about...

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

thumper-darryl wrote:Aaron. Not to worry. I have stayed away from the RMDRA due to attitides like this and will make sure to stay away totally from now on. Information I will have from time to time that is of interest to the motorcycling community will be distributed through the ASORM website and Snow and mud website.
Most people respect the badge, everyone respects the pipe...I prefer the FMF Gnarly. :thumbsup:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

MotorEd wrote:
thumper-darryl wrote:Aaron. Not to worry. I have stayed away from the RMDRA due to attitides like this and will make sure to stay away totally from now on. Information I will have from time to time that is of interest to the motorcycling community will be distributed through the ASORM website and Snow and mud website.
Most people respect the badge, everyone respects the pipe...I prefer the FMF Gnarly. :thumbsup:
:applause: I haven't heard that one before. That made my morning :cheers:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Zook
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zook »

The links to the items on the first two posts on this thread have been roosted. Is there anywhere else I can get that data? :confused:
Brendan Nagle
04 DRZ400e
Me and tools have an understanding: If I don't use them, they don't break my stuff.