Calgary Herald -Rogue drivers find illegal trails into Banff

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Calgary Herald -Rogue drivers find illegal trails into Banff

Post by Hendrix13 »

http://www.calgaryherald.com/travel/Rog ... story.html

Good Job Dobi.. :thumbsup:

".....Micheal Dobovich, president of Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders Association, a group proposing a new designated trail in the area, said he is surprised to hear drivers are crossing into the national park.

"I didn't think it was that prevalent," Dobovich said.

"We totally discourage this and there's no need for this. We have some new trails out there."

Dobovich said his group has been focused on building two new trails further north on provincial lands. They have been working at the project every weekend since April.

"If you want to burn off some energy, grab a chainsaw, let's go clear some trails," is his advice to those dirt-biking into Banff.

...."
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Calgary Herald -Rogue drivers find illegal trails into B

Post by Spinalguy »

fantastic reply....

Dobovich said his group has been focused on building two new trails further north on provincial lands. They have been working at the project every weekend since April.

"If you want to burn off some energy, grab a chainsaw, let's go clear some trails," is his advice to those dirt-biking into Banff. :lol: :applause:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

Great job mike :thumbsup:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

Agreed, great job on the commentary Mike...andnice to see the Herald attempt to do something positive on the OHV topic for a change.
Unfortunately the comments being posted in the article are less than flattering.
I recommend anyone who reads this post should register and post some positive/constructive commentary.
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

Waxy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Waxy »

WRocks wrote:Agreed, great job on the commentary Mike...andnice to see the Herald attempt to do something positive on the OHV topic for a change.
Unfortunately the comments being posted in the article are less than flattering.
I recommend anyone who reads this post should register and post some positive/constructive commentary.
In my experience, trying to deal with people like "rosemary1941" in any type of an objective or constructive way is a complete waste of time and effort, and that goes for the "buffoons" on the other side of the fence too. Logic, reason, and actual knowledge of the subject are things that people like that will never possess...

I think the only thing I would have changed in Mike's response was that IMHO, he should have clearly stated that the RMDRA condemns these actions as illegal and works hard to keep OHV users on designated trail systems, which would have led into the trail building... That said, I thought you did a great job of responding Mike.

Waxy
'07 KTM 400 XCW Dual Sported
2016 Warrior V208/Mercury 350 Verado

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Thanks all,
Unfortunately a 20 minute phone conversation with the reporter turns into 3 lines of content. The good news is she did take some strong points and has offered to work with us on some success stories that we as a club have to share.

Zook
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zook »

Excellent job, Mike. :thumbsup:
The more comfortable you make it for the reporter to deal with her/his subject of the day during an interview, the more likely that reporter is going to rely on you for information when another story comes around.
That can only help ORM and the quality of articles in the news regarding our club's endeavours.
It's a win-win. :cheers:
Brendan Nagle
04 DRZ400e
Me and tools have an understanding: If I don't use them, they don't break my stuff.

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

I added a post, took me a while to figure our you have to break it into smaller pieces when posting alot of info...
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

WRocks wrote:I added a post, took me a while to figure our you have to break it into smaller pieces when posting alot of info...
Brilliant post :thumbsup:
#Z3B

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

I'll read other's posts, but good work Mike on the original discussion with the Herald. Shows that a few bad apples doesn't translate to all of us.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

WRocks wrote:I added a post, took me a while to figure our you have to break it into smaller pieces when posting alot of info...
I did as well. We should flood the bad responses with good ones. Showing that the majority of us aren't there to ruin the land and do as we please.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

It's intersting how some well qualified post(s) can redirect the conversation...
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

WRocks wrote:It's intersting how some well qualified post(s) can redirect the conversation...
Well done WRocks, something need to be said to curb the childish finger pointing. :applause:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

A little late to the the party here... been on holidays, great job Mike & Aaron. :cheers:

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

There hasn't been a single post since the ones we posted. Glad to see that discussion was stopped in its tracks...
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF