GPS Mapping of Ghost Waiparous

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

GPS Mapping of Ghost Waiparous

Post by dirtyboy »

The Alberta Sustainable Resource Development is still accepting new GPS motorcycle trails for inclusion. There is still time to add GPS trails before the Ghost/Waiparous Access Management Plan (GAMP) closes.
We are still looking for individuals to map trails that have not been mapped yet. Damage to the trails from summer storms have impeded the mapping progress. There may still be time to map a few trails before the snow stays for good. If you want to map we can arrange for you to borrow equipment.

If you can find the time and you want to map any trails that we haven't mapped, please let me know. We can use the help to the benefit of all trail riders. There may be a few more days this month for riding so if you would like to help out by mapping please contact me.

I think that the more trails that are on the map, the more the motorcycle guys at the GAMP meeting have to work with when they are negotiating.

Thanks to all who have already done mapping to add to the process. :banana:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

This weekend is supposed to be pretty nice.

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Hey DB, I'm going to hint strongly for a GPS for Xmas so I would like to know what you recommend for acceptable mapping for SRD. Canadian Tire has a good sale on the Garmin ETrex models right now. Let me know. Thanks WR Dave.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

The Garmin etrex models don't quite cut it. What you really want is the GPSMAP60 series. Either the C or CS model.

http://www.gpscentral.ca/products/garmin/60c.htm

GPSCentral had the best price when I got mine.

:cheers: