Trail Rebuilding

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Trail Rebuilding

Post by thumper-darryl »

Last night another successful round of trail clearing by members of the RMDRA. The massive amount of trail clearing, trail repair, bridge building, etc. that has taken place this year is unprecidented in the Mclean Creek area. In years past there has been numerous work days taken on by organizations in the area, but no ongoing work like what is going on right now with the RMDRA. We need to do 2 things though. We need to accurately track hours that volunteers put in on the Mclean Creek trails. If/when we apply for grant money to put into trails we have to have an accurate accounting of volunteer hours for matching grants. We also need this accounting to show our commitment to the area. This shows Gov we are serious about our trails in Mclean. I am willing to build a spread sheet and track volunteer hours in Mclean Creek. I need anyone putting in hours on trail clearing, repairing, bridge building,etc, to PM me volunteer name, date,type of work and hours put in, and I will track it for the bike community. Keep up the great work people.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Trail Rebuilding

Post by WR_Dave »

Hey Darryl, a bunch of us are going out to do some clearing / trail building today. Is there a link to the spreadsheet somewhere on the site or do I just send you the info with the names and times on them? Thanks -- WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

Are you looking for help? Could you post details? Right now I have plans but they may change.
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Sorry we had left already when you posted. Maybe next trip. :D WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!