Repost. Not looking for negative feed back, just an answer.

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
DIAMOND DAVE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Repost. Not looking for negative feed back, just an answer.

Post by DIAMOND DAVE »

Hello to the board members of the RMDRA, I was in attendance at your past meeting on May 1. During the Land Advocacy update, it was reported that currently bikes are not being represented or not competently being represented.
If I'm not mistaken I thought Siggy Pechout was the bike rep sitting at the table for the GAMP meetings and also for the trail sub committees. Has Siggy stepped down from this position? If he hasn’t why would we want to replace someone that has been involved from the very beginning and replace them with someone that would come in cold and not be up to speed? Who has the RMDRA selected to sit at the GAMP table and take over for Siggy?
As an active biker/volunteer for both the Ghost Waiparous and McLean Creek areas, I worry about changes that may take us backwards in our fight to keep our trails and gain new ones in the futrue.

I'm not sure why my post was deleted. Anyways, I'm not looking for negative feed back, just looking for an answer as to what is happening with regards to the areas I enjoy.

Regards, Dave
David Dunlop
2010 Husaberg FX450
2008 KTM 300XC (Stolen)
2007 KTM 950 Super Enduro R

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Post was not deleted but moved on request from executive. A response is coming, however I see a lot of action in this forum at present so I will temporarily lock this thread until a response is made available.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

As some of you are aware we, (RMDRA) have been trying to get representation of our members onto the Ghost Stewardship Monitoring Group. Here is the history of events.

When the group (GSMG) was originally formed in 2006 the RMDRA was disappointed that we were not directly given a seat on the GSMC to represent our membership. We worked as hard as anybody in the entire GAMP process and felt that we were owed a position with the GSMC to represent our ever growing membership. We worked through appropriate channels, wrote letters to ministers, etc. and were given the reasonable assumption that we could be added to the group provided that we could bring some value to it. To be very clear. The RMDRA executive has never taken the position that we would remove a current member from the GSMG satisfy our request. Our requests to the GMSC have always been one that we offer a high level of professionalism, vast amounts of knowledge and history in the Ghost area and a huge membership of people to draw from for resources that would be invaluable to the GSMC. We most recently wrote a letter directly to the chair of the GSMC that was delivered and discussed at the GSMC meeting of April 30, 2008. In that letter we again reiterated our dedication to this cause and our devotion to committing club resources to attend and participate in the GSMC proceedings.

Since that last letter was written the RMDRA has gained valuable knowledge about the GSMC and had an opportunity to attend the open house that GSMC put on. We are now in possession of a copy of the groups “working charter” and are reviewing it. The RMDRA executive is working on establishing a better line of communication with this group and hope to be able to grow that relationship in the future. If the opportunity ever presents itself for us to have a seat on the GSMC than you can be assured we will be their with bells on.

For more information as to what the GSMC has done to date go to the link below and click on the 2008 annual report.

We have made it very clear that we will not tolerate abusive posts, name calling or rock throwing in this forum. I removed an original post from here that I thought was extremely baited and was about to start the name bashing all over again. If it gets to that I will lock this thread.

Regards,

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/fieldoffices/s ... 080429.pdf

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Unlocking now. Proceed with caution please.

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

I agree with Dave.
We do have representation at the Gamp meetings!
I also have been at RMDR meetings in the past and have heard the same comments from the panel, and I have corrected the speaker.
Please, please instead of being divisive; put your efforts behind our representative, regardless of personalities.
Lets all pull together!
Johnathan 403-606-0505
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale

DIAMOND DAVE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by DIAMOND DAVE »

Thanks Mike for the clarification on this.

I’d like to add that I fully agree with Johnathan’s comments. We are all working towards the same goals and need to pool our resources. Not separate them.

Regards, Dave
David Dunlop
2010 Husaberg FX450
2008 KTM 300XC (Stolen)
2007 KTM 950 Super Enduro R