Bioengineering Workshop

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Amanda
User
User

Bioengineering Workshop

Post by Amanda »

Please see below for more info!
Attachments
Bioengineering Workshop.pdf
(204.87 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

DIAMOND DAVE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Price adjustment

Post by DIAMOND DAVE »

Just a quick update. The BRSS held a meet yesterday and decided to adjust the cost of the Bio-engineering course to $50.00 per person for private and club members. Corp rate will remain at $100.00. This will be a great course that will not only teach proper Reclamation techniques but also how our sport impacts and doesn't impact the different types of terrain that we ride on. A great course to involve the wives/husbands and kids (10 and old) on.

If you have already registered and payed the $100.00 fee and are not corp status, $50.00 will be returned to you the day of the course.

Any questions please feel free to contact Amanda or myself.

Cheers,

Dave
David Dunlop
2010 Husaberg FX450
2008 KTM 300XC (Stolen)
2007 KTM 950 Super Enduro R

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I just got another email stating that lunch will be provided on day 2 of the course. :banana:

See you there.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Dobi wrote:I just got another email stating that lunch will be provided on day 2 of the course. :banana:

See you there.
I think that taking these 2 separate dirt/engineering/trail courses (one by GSMG, and one by BRSS) will do a lot to provide both knowledge AND credibility to individuals, and our club in future efforts to get trails on the map that aren't there now (ie. singletrack). If we speak of wanting to become "singletrack experts" I think the club should be pushing for people to attend these two, 2-day courses.

I believe the club has a little money in the bank, and I know these courses (the BRSS one anyway) are heavily subsidized by the host organization. For the low cost per person I challenge the club to pay the registration fee for any club member who commits to putting in 2 days over the course of the season doing trail inventory for singletrack trail submissions! (riding, GPSing, and documenting)!!

It would be great to see 6 or more people from the RMDRA attend each of these (You don't have to attend both courses, you can do just one or the other!)

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

crazy2wheeler wrote:
Dobi wrote:I just got another email stating that lunch will be provided on day 2 of the course. :banana:

See you there.
I think that taking these 2 separate dirt/engineering/trail courses (one by GSMG, and one by BRSS) will do a lot to provide both knowledge AND credibility to individuals, and our club in future efforts to get trails on the map that aren't there now (ie. singletrack). If we speak of wanting to become "singletrack experts" I think the club should be pushing for people to attend these two, 2-day courses.

I believe the club has a little money in the bank, and I know these courses (the BRSS one anyway) are heavily subsidized by the host organization. For the low cost per person I challenge the club to pay the registration fee for any club member who commits to putting in 2 days over the course of the season doing trail inventory for singletrack trail submissions! (riding, GPSing, and documenting)!!

It would be great to see 6 or more people from the RMDRA attend each of these (You don't have to attend both courses, you can do just one or the other!)

The RMDRA is sponsoring the executive to go to the courses and is also sponsoring a few core volunteers from the Ghost Committee and the Maclean Committee to attend as well. We are still waiting on numbers from these committees to see how far we want to extend our offer to the rest of the membership.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Ghost

Post by thumper-darryl »

There is no cost for participants to attend the GSMG 2 day course that NOHVCC is instructing. The GSMG is picking up the bill. The instructor from NOHVCC is a ex- U.S. forest service guy who is also an avid dirt-biker, so there will be good knowledge of single track.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Dobi wrote:
crazy2wheeler wrote: I think that taking these 2 separate dirt/engineering/trail courses (one by GSMG, and one by BRSS) will do a lot to provide both knowledge AND credibility to individuals, and our club in future efforts to get trails on the map that aren't there now (ie. singletrack). If we speak of wanting to become "singletrack experts" I think the club should be pushing for people to attend these two, 2-day courses.

The RMDRA is sponsoring the executive to go to the courses and is also sponsoring a few core volunteers from the Ghost Committee and the Maclean Committee to attend as well. We are still waiting on numbers from these committees to see how far we want to extend our offer to the rest of the membership.
Awesome! Glad to see RMDRA is having many people attend!

:cheers:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Ghost Access Managment plan

Post by thumper-darryl »

I am also pleased to see the response from the RMDRA. For the first while the only respondants to the request were 4x4 people and the enviros. It was looking pretty dismal for the bike/quad community as far as having a slant on the working group.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Ghost Access Managment plan

Post by Dobi »

thumper-darryl wrote:I am also pleased to see the response from the RMDRA. For the first while the only respondants to the request were 4x4 people and the enviros. It was looking pretty dismal for the bike/quad community as far as having a slant on the working group.
I recycle my milk jugs and compost my grass clippings, can I be considered a greeny? :easter:

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Gamp

Post by thumper-darryl »

Only if you ride a Kawasaki
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

DIAMOND DAVE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

BRSS Bio-Engineering Course

Post by DIAMOND DAVE »

thumper-darryl wrote:There is no cost for participants to attend the GSMG 2 day course that NOHVCC is instructing. The GSMG is picking up the bill. The instructor from NOHVCC is a ex- U.S. forest service guy who is also an avid dirt-biker, so there will be good knowledge of single track.
I just wanted to post up as I seen things have been hijacked a bit. The thread that was started was to inform the users of the Bio-engineer course that is being put on at the cost of $50.00 per person.

I believe that both SRD sponsored 2 day courses, the NOHVCC along with the Bio-Engineering Course that this thread was originally referring to are equally important.

With regards to the Darryl’s comments, I just want to reassure that we are starting to get good response from all the different users. Not just "4X4 and Enviro’s"

Anyways, please take the time to get involved. The cost to the BRSS for putting on the Bio-Engineering course is close to $4000.00. Please take the chance to participate

David Dunlop
2010 Husaberg FX450
2008 KTM 300XC (Stolen)

DIAMOND DAVE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Bioengineering Workshop

Post by DIAMOND DAVE »

Finished the course this past weekend and all I can say is what a great course it was !!!
It was hard yet easy work at the same time. Very easy for anyone to do the work. :cheers:
David Dunlop
2010 Husaberg FX450
2008 KTM 300XC (Stolen)

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Well, I'm happy to say that the Bio Engineering Workshop was a big success. I found it to be fascinating, informative and very practical. There are tons of practical applications within McLean Creek and Waiporous for Bio Engineered erosion control, access control points and even just to make the trails a little more esthetically pleasing . :thumbsup:

Dobi, Diamond Dave and I are now qualified to supervise volunteers installing Waddle Fences, Brush Layers, Modified Brush layers, live staking and some various other erosion control techniques. Not to mention we know how to plant certain trees for free now. :D

2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by thumper-darryl »

Now add this knowledge to the course from NOHVCC and all will be good.Yous guys will be smart. Knowledge on this stuff is very valuable. :applause:
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

thumper-darryl wrote:Now add this knowledge to the course from NOHVCC and all will be good.Yous guys will be smart. Knowledge on this stuff is very valuable. :applause:

Weses was already smarts, now wese have the papers to pruve it!

How do we sign up for the trail inventory course in 2 weeks that is being put on by the GSMG?

Also a big thanks to Diamond Dave for supplying lunch and refreshments. The burgers were great.