The positive news about Mclean....

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

The positive news about Mclean....

Post by MotorEd »

Starting a new thread here as we seem to have gotten way off topic on the petition thread.

the good news about Mclean.....at our last RMDRA club meeting Dylan Cartwright and Darryl Copithorne shed some light on what was being worked on for McLean.

Here are the main points:

The GAMP Stewardship committee invited NOHVCC up for a 3 day workshop where they enlightened SRD on building and maintaining 'sustainable trails'. The NOHVCC crew were not impressed with what was done with GAMP….suggestions were made and apparently SRD was impressed with the recommendations made by NOHVCC. Who is NOHVCC?….check this out http://nohvcc.org/index.asp

SRD asked Dylan Cartwright to re-do the map for Mclean for motorcycle trails. SRD is going to adopt the trail guidelines in the NOHVCC trail guide…basically the trails must be sustainable. Dylan has 55 motorcycle trails he is putting on the map. Trails can be on the map if they require work to become sustainable, but the work must be done. SRD will then evaluate and monitor trails and determine if trail work needs to be done or if a trail needs to be closed for a period of time.

Seems a completely different approach than GAMP.

:cheers:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Thank you Brad for posting this. My heart flutters with excitement everytime I hear this story.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Mclean

Post by thumper-darryl »

I will keep the club posted as things progress. I am also working on the winter riding issue.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Mclean

Post by MotorEd »

thumper-darryl wrote:I will keep the club posted as things progress. I am also working on the winter riding issue.
Thanks Darryl!

:dblthumb:

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Mclean creek

Post by thumper-darryl »

The winter riding issue is an interesting battle that can be discussed over beers, but I am keeping a positive outlook on this one.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty