Petition to restrict Maclean to daytime use only on May Long

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

I think you guys should get Ninja suits for when you go out!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i have ridden right up to campsites on Saturday mornings with my camera and started shooting pics. i let them know that huge fines will be sent to them if we come back to a messy site on Monday afternoon.
They 'THINK' i am SRD.
:cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Sorry to Digress :)

I signed the petition...380 signatures so far. At least this is some sort of action..

Good job setting up the petition. We may need another one when Teddy publishes his Land Use Framework...Let's let him know we're here...

KTMpilot
Writer
Writer

Post by KTMpilot »

One thing that might work to encourage "occasional" campers and users of the area and I think it's been done before is to ride around and take pictures of people's campsites with a vehicle license plate in the picture. If we get 20 or 30 RMDRA people combing the most commonly used remote camping areas it would'nt take that long. I honestly don't think it would provide any real legal recourse if they left a mess, but it would give people like us an opportunity to chat with these individuals and give them a little education about land use and the repercussions of misuse. I think if this was done diplomatically it might have the most positive effect. Any thoughts?
1977 Can-Am Qualifier

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

KTMpilot wrote:One thing that might work to encourage "occasional" campers and users of the area and I think it's been done before is to ride around and take pictures of people's campsites with a vehicle license plate in the picture. If we get 20 or 30 RMDRA people combing the most commonly used remote camping areas it would'nt take that long. I honestly don't think it would provide any real legal recourse if they left a mess, but it would give people like us an opportunity to chat with these individuals and give them a little education about land use and the repercussions of misuse. I think if this was done diplomatically it might have the most positive effect. Any thoughts?
"Education" "Diplomacy" "Repercussions of misuse" 'Chat"

I recently watched Fubar again with a few buds. These are mostly the kinds of people you will be dealing with out there on those days. They won't know what education, diplomacy, and responsibility are! Let alone risking your life chatting with some of those goons. They'll likely percieve you as a threat and then the temper's will rise.

Not everyone falls into the Fubar category I'm sure, however it is in my humble opinion that around 90% of them do. I and you (ktmpilot) both know - we did it too at those ages!! :crazy: