Ted Morton Bragg Creek/Cochrane Forum on Feb 21 and Feb 27

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Ted Morton Bragg Creek/Cochrane Forum on Feb 21 and Feb 27

Post by Hendrix13 »

Ted Morton will be attending a Bragg Creek forum to answer questions along with the other candidates for that riding.

I suggest that as many of us as possible attend these forums and express our concerns and frustrations with how he has dealt with the current land use issues.

"...Voters in the two area provincial ridings will have a chance to question the candidates for the upcoming provincial election in the next week.

On Thursday, Feb. 21, the Bragg Creek Long Term Vision will host an all-candidates forum for the Foothills-Rocky View riding, at the Bragg Creek Centre from 7 to 9 p.m.

Candidates that are confirmed to attend are Larry Ashmore of the Alberta Green Party, Herb Coburn of the Alberta Liberal Party, Joseph McMaster of the Wildrose Alliance Party, and Ted Morton of the Progressive Conservative Party of Alberta. Alberta NDP candidate Ricardo de Menezes had not confirmed he would attend at press time.

Banff-Cochrane voters will also get a chance to hear from their candidates at a forum on Wednesday, Feb. 27, starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Cochrane RancheHouse...."

http://www.cochranetimes.com/News/377511.html

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Excellent find Hendrix13 :applause:

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

meeting

Post by DirtGirl »

AAGGHH!! can;t go tonight
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i will be there.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Spinalguy wrote:i will be there.
:cheers: That alone is worth the fuel for the drive out there. I am on dad duty tonight so will do what I can to make it out.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

I can't make it tonight either..There is another one on the 27th

"Wednesday, Feb. 27, starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Cochrane RancheHouse"

This one is a little closer and and easier to plan for. Anyone else interested in attending this?

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Hendrix13 wrote:I can't make it tonight either..There is another one on the 27th

This one is a little closer and and easier to plan for. Anyone else interested in attending this?
I cant make tonight....gonna shoot for the 27th. Definetly interested.

Looking forward to what SpinalGuy learns tonight.

DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

daddy duty

Post by DIRTTV »

I am on daddy duty tonight so wont make it. would love to go. Thanks for going Tom!

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Hendrix13 wrote:I can't make it tonight either..There is another one on the 27th

I too am gonna try for the 27th. Where exactly is the RanchHouse?
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Could i have my 5 mins of infamy back again?
Man, i blew that chance...lol
i forgot my darn question...oops. Although i did spend 5 mins questioning Teds Landuse framework decisions to date.
ENFORCEMENT.

But not all is lost as i ran into Ted in the hallway and i spoke to him a little more. i also clarified that the voice he is listening to (AOHVA) has NOT done anything South of Edmonton. He invited me to come see him.
i will.

i do reluctantly agree that any candidate in Alberta is about the WATERSHED and that means the end of motorized recreation. Every water crossing no matter how tiny has to be protected. Even though evidence will support hard bottom crossings as being no detriment to the watershed. Sadly, it will be easier to CLOSE areas than bridge them.
The worst choice is Liberal
The best is PC as they are not proposing what the Liberals, Wildrose or Green party is absolutely proposing...RECREATION limited to non motor fun with LIMITED mountainbiking.
PC still has a place for motors...for now.
Expect Maclean to get hit hard! My opinion as no actual policy was discussed.
i will VOTE PC.

Better to know the enemy than deal with any other party. LIBERALS scare me tremendously!!! Wildrose and Green will close the province to motorized recreation, but doubtful they would win.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Thanks for the update SpinalGuy.

Big concerns over watersheds for sure. Motorized vehicles again the easy target without much scientific backing. Would be worth it to try and gather some data on the impact logging has on watersheds.... :excuse:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

SpinalGuy you should be commended for making the time to go there and speak for us all...Thank You!

I guess I don't understand how we are impacting the "Watershed" in such a disastrous way that the government feels compelled to shut down whole areas to recreational use.

My guess is that watershed impacts from Agriculture and Industry is a far greater threat to the environment than what we can do by riding our bikes around (or ATV etc)

I have a contact at the U of L (Environment Masters Program) that may be able to shed some light on this (I've sent her an email). Otherwise it seems to me (like it always has) that this government has chosen to pick on us because we are an easy target.

I would rather send a message to this government that we are not happy with their policy, so much that we're willing to vote for another party, rather then deal with the party we know is actively trying to shut us down.

Perhaps as a group we can formulate some pointed questions for Ted Morton and then ask them to him on the 27th.

What do you (anyone) think would be a good question(s) to ask Ted Morton on the 27th?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i had a huge reply typed out, hit some key and it vanished. i will have to do it later.
The Cochrane forum does not have Morton.
Here is the list and the PC candidate is Tarchuck, not Morton.

Sponsored by the Cochrane and Area Chamber of Commerce, the forum has confirmed attendance from Dan Cunin of the Greens, Patricia Robertson of the Liberals and Janis Tarchuk of the PC Party, and are hoping to confirm attendance from the other two candidates in the riding later this week.

My reply is more about logging that was spoken about last night.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Spinalguy wrote:i had a huge reply typed out, hit some key and it vanished. i will have to do it later.
The Cochrane forum does not have Morton.
Here is the list and the PC candidate is Tarchuck, not Morton.

Sponsored by the Cochrane and Area Chamber of Commerce, the forum has confirmed attendance from Dan Cunin of the Greens, Patricia Robertson of the Liberals and Janis Tarchuk of the PC Party, and are hoping to confirm attendance from the other two candidates in the riding later this week.

My reply is more about logging that was spoken about last night.
Well it will be interesting to see if they give the same negative spin on OHV/watershed with the logging program going on out at BarC these days.

Thanks again Spinalguy.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

I may have made a mistake...After reading the the column more closely Ted Morton will <b>NOT</B> be attending the forum on the 27th in Cochrane.

"...Banff-Cochrane voters will also get a chance to hear from their candidates at a forum on Wednesday, Feb. 27, starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Cochrane RancheHouse.

Sponsored by the Cochrane and Area Chamber of Commerce, the forum has confirmed attendance from Dan Cunin of the Greens, Patricia Robertson of the Liberals and Janis Tarchuk of the PC Party, and are hoping to confirm attendance from the other two candidates in the riding later this week..."

http://www.cochranetimes.com/News/377511.html

The article was formatted a little odd and it appeared to me that Ted Morton may also be attending the Cochrane forum but Janis Tarchuk will be attending for the PC in Cochrane.

Sorry for all the confusion. Feel free to Flame me if it makes you feel better :)

Damn...