Bow Region Stewardship Society - News Release

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Amanda
User
User

Bow Region Stewardship Society - News Release

Post by Amanda »

I have been asked to post this on behalf of those interested parties of:

The Bow Region Stewardship Society

A few weeks ago an Email went out to various club presidents, directors and various independent users. The Email detailed the desire for a organization involving all users with one focus - stewardship. This organization would form in order to apply for and obtain funds from government under one name: the Bow Region Stewardship Society.

December 6th 2007, 17 people met to discuss the need, desire and possibility of this organization. Representatives from The Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders, Alberta 4Wheel Drive Association, Calgary Quad Squad, Second Gear Club, Calgary Jeep Association, Alberta United Recreationists Society, ABProjects, The Planning Committee and Alberta Off Highway Vehicle Association attended the meeting.

All attendees agreed that the registration process for Bow Region Stewardship Society should be completed before the end of 2007, in order to file for grants for 2008. By laws were signed and the name secured.

The intent of this organization is to carry out policy and maintain a usable motorized trail system in the Waiparous and McLean Creek areas of Alberta.
Although a mission statement has yet to be finalized or a board of directors appointed - the focus is, but not limited to, Waiparous and McLean Creek.

This is all the information we have at this time.
Another meeting is scheduled and an update will be sent via EMail to those interested.

For questions and or comments or to receive updated Emails, please Email alberta.projects@gmail.com and we will answer them as best we can, or forward them to the appropriate person.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
The ABProjects Team
Last edited by Amanda on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hammer
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Hammer »

Now we're talking!!! I think this can be a great initiative with the right charter and a critical mass of supporters that ca get the attention of the policy makers. Looking forward to more info and supporting this group.
Gord
Create, Maintain, Reclaim
Hammer
Create->Maintain->Reclaim

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Should the Bow Region Stewardship Society be part of Trailnet? seems some synergies there.... :excuse:

:cheers:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I understand that a board of directors have been appointed. Any new announcements?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

MotorEd wrote:Should the Bow Region Stewardship Society be part of Trailnet? seems some synergies there.... :excuse:

AOHVA wants all control even though they do NOTHING in Southern Alberta...you can bet they will heavily oppose the Bow Stewardship Society. Too bad for us :excuse:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Spinalguy wrote:
MotorEd wrote:Should the Bow Region Stewardship Society be part of Trailnet? seems some synergies there.... :excuse:

AOHVA wants all control even though they do NOTHING in Southern Alberta...you can bet they will heavily oppose the Bow Stewardship Society. Too bad for us :excuse:
I know they support the Bow Stewardship Society, and they have been part of Trailnet for years.

Word up Voodoo :D

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

MotorEd wrote:
Spinalguy wrote:

I know they support the Bow Stewardship Society, and they have been part of Trailnet for years.

Word up Voodoo :D
my bad...you made my day :applause:

That is good to know. The South needs some help and the BOW is a good helper.

i will pass it on...

:thumbsup:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

The BRSS has appointed directors and exec. We have 7 directors: 2 from the motorcycle community, 2 from quad, 2 from truck and 1 other. I am a director and also the vp, Don McKay (CQS) is the president (and a director). BRSS's first action is to apply for a grant before the end of the month, for approx. $25k to help with the costs of installing 3 or 4 additional bridges in the ghost area.

Siggy is the other director from the motorcycle community, he was not present at this (BRSS's second) meeting.
Last edited by crazy2wheeler on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

derek

Post by DIRTTV »

Glad to see you representing us Derek!

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

My bad for not updating.

BRSS Board of Directors

President: Don McKay (CQS)
Vice President: Derek Radomski (RMDRA)
Secretary: Amanda Morosse (ABProjects/SGC)
Treasurer: Dave Dunlop (SGC)

Motorcycle rep: Siggy Pechout (SGC), Derek Radomski (RMDRA)
Four Wheel Drive rep: Cody Auclair (AURS), Blair code (CJA)
ATV rep: Don McKay (CQS), Garry Salekin (CQS)

I will be sending out Emails via ABProjects updating users of the status of the BRSS. Should you wish to be on the EMailing list, please Email me at: alberta.projects@gmail.com

We did meet lastnight to add final touches to a grant application that will be going in some time in the next two weeks for five water crossing projects.
Crossing our fingers that it gets approval.

One of the updates you might want to sign up for! :D

Amanda

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Amanda wrote:My bad for not updating.
Not at all!!!

Thanks Amanda for your contributions here to help keep everyone informed!

D. :applause:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists