Land-use Framework Workbook Summary Report....

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Land-use Framework Workbook Summary Report....

Post by MotorEd »

Here is the link again. Figured i would start a new thread for comments on the results.

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/whatsnew/pdf/L ... Report.pdf

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Oh My Gosh! What's it say?? :confused:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

dirtyboy wrote:Oh My Gosh! What's it say?? :confused:
Yer pretty funny.

Reading it through you get immediate flash-backs of how poorly worded and confusing some of the questions were....I glazed over when I hit page 25 and took a break.

Some quick points I got...

Only just over 3100 people filled out the work books....kind of a poor response. Would have had a better turn out had they let more people know about the survey.

You have to remember this was a survey of 'interested Albertans' and the views and opinions dont neccesarily reflect that of all Albertans.

I think there were problems with the survey itself...my own personal opinion. The questions were poorly worded and confusing...its difficult to stay focused through the entire survey and the answers to some of the questions reflect that....
for example Part II: Issues and Challenges, in Figure 2 "Not enough places for recreational activities" was ranked 4th out of the 16 choices for "Very concerned" in other words people really were not that concerned about having enough places for recreational activities. Ok, fair enough....BUT on the next page when they asked us to rank what issues were of greatest concern, 'Not enough places for recreational activities' came in at 3rd most important out of the same 16 choices :excuse:

Survey respondants main concerns were on issues of environmental stewardship and the protection of ecosystems, wildlife habitats and watersheds.....came up over and over.

Everyone is concerned about the rapid growth in Alberta and what impact this has on out land base and watersheds.

Most favoured increase regulation and enforcement to be the best way to promote responsible stewardship among all users.

Economic prosperity should not take precedence over environmental conservation.

Intersting that it was suggested to increase oil and gas royalties in the province as a way to slow growth and mitigate environmental damage caused by industry...yep I would say that would slow growth pretty quick....kinda like implementing another National Energy Program. :excuse:

Thats about all I got.

BradC
Writer
Writer

Pairing..

Post by BradC »

The Framework Group I was involved with dealt directly with Growth And Resource Management. I would be interested in what people have to say after reading the report (starting at page 10) and then reading our recommendations, based on the parameters the GofA set forth for us to debate and report on.

Happy reading.

Brad.

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

Brad
Is the report available from the SRD office in Calgary.
Just thinking out loud, but if they had public forums prior to the framework survey, is there plans for public forums post framework survey?
Cheers
Johnathan
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale