Community communication

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Community communication

Post by thumper-darryl »

Every thread started on this forum has been hi-jacked by the 4x4 community . Since this forum has proven to be a failure in communicating BIKE related access issues to the bike community, those of us involved with BIKE related access issues are looking for an avenue to communicate with the bike community. Ideas. Please.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Community communication

Post by MotorEd »

Misinterpreted what you were trying to say....reading more into what was there.

My apologies for my reaction to what you ACTUALLY said, my bad.
Last edited by MotorEd on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

communication

Post by thumper-darryl »

Kind of lost for a response to this. My point was totally lost on you Brad. For successful access plans a user group must present it's own position and push for it's own trail system. This has been very successfull for both the sled and quad communities. We are still lacking unity and a way for the bike community to communicate and promote single track trails. There is still no foreword movement requesting single track. NONE. Do not worry about other user groups, they are doing a good job of taking care of their own issues.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Community communication

Post by Spinalguy »

thumper-darryl wrote:Every thread started on this forum has been hi-jacked by the 4x4 community . Since this forum has proven to be a failure in communicating BIKE related access issues to the bike community, those of us involved with BIKE related access issues are looking for an avenue to communicate with the bike community. Ideas. Please.
i am checking in from Moab. Weather is great and i wish you were all here.
EVERY thread?....ummm....ok. i see one thread where one person spoke of their frustration of Teddy. Yes, they do drive a 4x4 and also ride a bike. EVERY is a pretty strong word to be using when the reality is very RARELY is a thread hijacked by the EVIL 4x4 community.
Amazingly in Moab, 4x4's, bikes and mountainbikers all get along. Do you know why? They ALL figured out a long time ago that OHV users are all of the same mind. Acess to public lands.

As for relating BIKE related issues to the bike community, may i suggest that you start by actually RELATING what you know instead of playing some kind of game with the many riders on this forum. By making blanket statements about OTHER user groups is probably not the best approach. By asking us the riding community to speak to you in PRIVATE (see Maclean post) about your vast wealth of knowledge from your many meetings you have proudly attended but REFUSE to share with us certainly does not gain kudos for your well documented attendance records at Government land proceedings. By publicaly calling out Brad Churchill on our forum for not getting in touch with you regarding bike issues also does not help us the riders know what the heck is going on with Waiporous. Maybe (just a thought) you could contact Brad and bring him up to speed? or maybe you could just let us know what you actually do or don't know on this forum right now?
Here is what i KNOW. NEVER in the history of Alberta has a closed trail ever been re-opened. So, lets cut to the chase. Darryl, are we going to get any of our BIKE trails re-opened? What can we the riding community do right now to get the Waiporous single track trails opened? What has AOHVA done specifically to try to re-open Waiporous single track trails?
i do not care one iota on this forum about 4x4 trails but i absolutely do care about bike trails on this site, so let us keep this about bikes.
Tom :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com