GAMP Stewardship Committee.....

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

GAMP Stewardship Committee.....

Post by MotorEd »

Can anyone give us an update as to what has been going on at these meetings..... :excuse:

Just curious :cheers:

BradC
Writer
Writer

Gamp..

Post by BradC »

Siggi's in Australia for a bit longer (was there for all of September).

We probably won't hear from him again until after the middle of October.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Gamp..

Post by MotorEd »

BradC wrote:Siggi's in Australia for a bit longer (was there for all of September).

We probably won't hear from him again until after the middle of October.
Cool.

What have we heard from him so far? I have only heard rumours and I am tired of hearing things 3rd hand.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Ghost

Post by thumper-darryl »

I have attended all of the last 7 Ghost meetings, and can do a report on Wed. And 3rd hand reports are somewhat retarded.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Ghost

Post by MotorEd »

thumper-darryl wrote: And 3rd hand reports are somewhat retarded.
Totally agree, seems to be one of the biggest problems in our community with regards to land use issues. We have very few people that actually attend these kinds of meetings and those that do dont do a very good job getting the information out to the masses....BradC being the exception.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Ghost

Post by thumper-darryl »

Bob B and I are both on the committee, and are active in trying to move things foreword, but we are NOT representing bikes, and were asked NOT to communicate with RMDRA. That task was left to Brad C, who has never asked us for any info on Ghost. Silly club politics, that make the bike community look like fools. Numerous legitimate stake-holders, like RMDRA have been kept out of the Ghost committee, but some of us are working on this problem.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

thumper-darryl wrote:Bob B and I are both on the committee, and are active in trying to move things foreword, but we are NOT representing bikes, and were asked NOT to communicate with RMDRA
Who would ask that you not communicate with the RMDRA? Government officials? the CIA? the FBI? and what makes the RMDRA worthy of such an order? If infact someone said 'dont communicate with the RMDRA'....well that seems retarded.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Ghost

Post by thumper-darryl »

You need to sort that one out within the RMDRA executive. But airing the bike community's communication problems on a public forum is a quick way to get the channel of communication completely closed.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

thumper-darryl wrote:You need to sort that one out within the RMDRA executive.
As a member of the RMDRA Executive thats exactly what I am doing.
thumper-darryl wrote:But airing the bike community's communication problems on a public forum is a quick way to get the channel of communication completely closed.
I couldnt disagree more. We need more people to get involved with this Darryl and by not getting the issues out in the open we end up chasing our tails. We need information, not mis-information,hearsay and BS. This forum is to be used to get the facts our to our communtiy about exactly what is and is not happening.

Making a statement not to talk to a specific group is bogus as is not talking about the problems that are holding us back.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

thumper-darryl wrote:Numerous legitimate stake-holders, like RMDRA have been kept out of the Ghost committee, but some of us are working on this problem.
Any chance you could clarify this statement Darryl? to me, saying some stake-holders have been kept out of the Ghost committee implies that someone did this with purpose? totally not cool if thats the case. Again...just looking for clarification. Thanks.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Ghost

Post by thumper-darryl »

Forum discussions are now closed for me.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

BradC
Writer
Writer

Post by BradC »

Good Evening;

With regard to my not requesting information from Darryl or Bob, Darryl is correct in the fact that I have never requested information from him, regarding GAMP Stewardship. He has however offered to provide me with other information I might need with my duties on the Land Advocacy working committee. (Thanks Darryl) I'd like to clarify that my responsibility was to communicate with Siggi Pechout, who in fact does sit on the committee and is supposed to represent the motorcycle community.

It isn't now, nor will it ever be my job to play detective and call around asking for updates. The scope of my task is to take what Siggi provides and communicate it to the club on his behalf. He hasn't provided anything (and in fact is away for a month) so I haven't reported anything.

It would only stand to reason that Darryl, having a close rapport with the club executive, accompanied by the fact that the club has an official "Land Advocacy Director", there would/should be an regularily open channel of communication between the two, which could easily fill in any blanks that Siggi leaves out in his communication (or lack of) to me.

I would like to suggest that the club's "Land Advocacy Director" be a bit more proactive in communicating with people such as Darryl, Siggi, and myself, such that our work can be summarized and reported back to the club.

Best Regards,

Brad Churchill.

DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

Re: Reply

Post by DIRTTV »

BradC wrote:Good Evening;

With regard to my not requesting information from Darryl or Bob, Darryl is correct in the fact that I have never requested information from him, regarding GAMP Stewardship. He has however offered to provide me with other information I might need with my duties on the Land Advocacy working committee. (Thanks Darryl) I'd like to clarify that my responsibility was to communicate with Siggi Pechout, who in fact does sit on the committee and is supposed to represent the motorcycle community.

It isn't now, nor will it ever be my job to play detective and call around asking for updates. The scope of my task is to take what Siggi provides and communicate it to the club on his behalf. He hasn't provided anything (and in fact is away for a month) so I haven't reported anything.

It would only stand to reason that Darryl, having a close rapport with the club executive, accompanied by the fact that the club has an official "Land Advocacy Director", there would/should be an regularily open channel of communication between the two, which could easily fill in any blanks that Siggi leaves out in his communication (or lack of) to me.

I would like to suggest that the club's "Land Advocacy Director" be a bit more proactive in communicating with people such as Darryl, Siggi, and myself, such that our work can be summarized and reported back to the club.

Best Regards,

Brad Churchill.
Brad,
Thanks for your comments. I communicate with people in the know on a regular basis and relay this information to the club when it is factual. I do not speak with siggi or yourself that is a fact but I speak with other people that attend these meetings. I appreciate your comments and will take them under advisement. The reason for this thread was to search for other information other than what I have provided. Thanks for your efforts and help that you provide. At this time land advocacy needs all the help it can get.
My communication channels will always be open with siggi, daryll, yourself and anyone else who decides to discuss land advocacy issues or anything related.

P.S. If Siggi requires anyone to take his place at these meetings in his absence, I would be more than grateful to take his place and represent our (RMDRA) best interests.
Thanks.

BradC
Writer
Writer

Communication...

Post by BradC »

That's good to know.

I'm glad you're keeping informed. I would also contend that it's better talking to Darryl, or Bob, as they can be more communicative with the issues being addressed by GAMP. Siggi's a great guy. However sometimes it's hard to get information out of him, and in all honesty, the third party news isn't as accurate.

I think that given the new much more friendly levels of communication between SGC and RMDRA, my original role as buffer between Siggi and Dennis has outlived its usefulness anyway.

It appears that some people have questions about what's going on, and seeing as the club meetings are every few months, would it be possible to set up a thread in this section to which you can post updates - say once per month - and which people cannot reply? This way, People can then start their own thread and the updates don't get watered down with comments.

Just a suggestion.

Best Regards,
Brad.

:cheers:

DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

brad c

Post by DIRTTV »

Brad,

You have given a very accurate depiction of what happens with regards to these matters.

Often these posts made by myself are not concrete. Therefore do not make it to the public. I find that most info is not fact until it happens. I.e. Gamp,indian graves etc. If I posted everything I heard I would be bombarded with negative posts because "most" info I receive is negative. You could see that this would cause problems. I try hard NOW to post factual info so I don't rattle cages (I have been guilty of this before). Thanks again for your comments. And maybe dirtboy can adress your web concern.

I urge you to attend the upcoming rmdra meeting because I have a number of suggestions regarding rooster's 80%-20% rule that was dicussed at the last exec meeting. I am sure you will be interested in it as well as many others.

Doug