AB Projects.org

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Amanda
User
User

AB Projects.org

Post by Amanda »

I would like to introduce a new website called www.ABProjects.org!

In an effort to bridge the gap between back country users and Project Coordinators, a website has been designed to inform users of the trail maintenance projects going on in and around the Province of Alberta.

With the many clubs and forums in Alberta, Volunteer Project Coordinators have found it very difficult to reach each one and inform users of various projects taking place in Alberta.
In an effort to resolve this, issue a website has been designed so that each of you could access this information any time, anywhere.

You can browse the latest of two projects and why not volunteer for one of them at the same time!!!

Bear with us as the site is currently under construction and pretty basic!

Please visit us at:

www.ABProjects.org

Thank you for your time,
Amanda

Pls sticky

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Great idea, just need to spread the word so everyone can check out whats going on.

Nice work :applause: :applause: :applause:

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

Sept. 22nd 2007 - Installation of fencing and willow planting for the reclamation project in McLean Creek FLUZ.

Needed are 10-20 volunteers to plant willow, install fence rails and barbed wire and two quads or winches.

Thank you to Parks and Spray Lakes for the materials and man hours so far, to complete this large reclamation project!

Please visit ABProjects.org for more info!

Amanda

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

October 6th - Indian Graves Cattle Guard Installation

The Calgary Jeep Association are loooking for a few hands to assist with this project.

Please visit www.abprojects.org for more info.

Amanda
Last edited by Amanda on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Awesome work. It is great to see your group getting special permits from SRD to go over the vehicle weight restriction to conduct this operation! One more example of what can be done when you put your minds and hearts into it.

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

Agreed Dobi, it is great to see such dedication and heart!! :D

Although use has been restricted - most users are still hoping it is temporary and still wish to continue their efforts in the area.

The leaders on this project in Indian Graves, are the Calgary Jeep Association, and although the weight restrictions affect them directly, they will continue to work with ASRD, users and lease holders in the area in the hopes that the rules will one day change.

Hope to see some RMDR's on some of Alberta's upcoming projects!

Thank you for the continued support on this forum,

Amanda

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Great idea Amanda. Is there anyway to get on a mailing list for announcement of these new projects?

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

Hendrix13 wrote:Great idea Amanda. Is there anyway to get on a mailing list for announcement of these new projects?
Absolutely! :D

If you or anyone else should wish to receive EMails notifying you of upcoming projects, please feel free to EMail us directly at alberta.projects@gmail.com.

We have a lot of exciting projects planned for this upcoming year, and I am sure lots of you have ideas as well.

We plan on expanding our platform shortly to include a variety of different things that users of all sorts will appreciate.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Amanda

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

Camp Chamisol is the next project planned, please visit www.abprojects.org to volunteer or for more info!

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Amanda, the website looks great! I was looking for more information about Camp Chamisol. What is it? And what is the relevance of what is being done there? I am curious because I might be free to help that weekend.

Thanks - Anthony

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Amanda, the site IS excellent. It's great that we are communicating what is being done - and through volunteer efforts, and also recognizing those clubs and individuals who have made it happen. I also really like the bar graphs at the bottom of the page that show the area/projects planned and the percent complete. Way to go!
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

Anthony, we would love to see you out there!! Let me know if I can count you in!
Below is the document from the original Closure notice

We are clearing a new section of trail to access the Camp.

And Crazy - thank you very much!! Its still a work in progress, but we are working on it! So far in the two months its been running, we have almost had 3000 hits, and seen an incredible increase in awareness and volunteers.
Paul Rimmer is the man to thank for volunteering the web space and design!
It really has been a great success, and it can only get better, bigger and stronger! Slowly but surely pictures will be added along with a ton of info about projects and a how to section!
SRD has recently added the website to their site as well! We expect to see even more awareness and cooperation in the future!

Any suggestions or comments can be directed to our mailing address: alberta.projects@gmail.com

Its often hard for me to get on forums these days, but I do look forward to your thoughts!

It should be a great weekend for this project, so see you out there!!

Amanda
Attachments
Camp Chamisol.doc
(394.5 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

Volunteers are needed to clear trees from Camp Chamisol, please visit www.abprojects.org for more info

Four work days have already been completed, this weekend will proceed - weather pending.

Amanda
User
User

Post by Amanda »

Project 95% complete!

Looking for 20 volunteers for two more work days... maybe more depending on the amount of volunteers present

Please visit abprojects.org for more info!