Here it comes!!

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

Here it comes!!

Post by DIRTTV »

I would read this if I were you.
This is in B.C. but could come our way.
Attachments
070503%20Mugbogging%20Flyer_8.pdf
(836.61 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
2007FOR0106-000964.pdf
(22.31 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

So are you saying that this type of legislation and policy may then lead to enforcement?

I guess if a club puts on a motorcycle race and makes a huge mess that the club could be charged.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i would welcome this if it actually led to enforcement.
The problem is defining what is not acceptable. In the case of bikes, what if they decided that all singletrack is a problem as they did in GAMP? What is that based on? Have they personally ridden all the trails to make those decisions?
They talk about wet periods, how wet? where are the measurements made?
Alpine...how high? Is it fair that an established trail system of singletracks in Alpine area is now determined bad? Why? Again, what parameters define this?
It seems very general in its appearance and perhaps a little to Big Brotherish in its approach.

If it just stopped ALL OHV activity anywhere within visibility of highways, Trunk roads and random camping roads, that would be a wonderful start. If it stopped all OHV activity within a 1/2km radius of random camping (except for one way ins and outs), it would be beautiful.

My fear is that HS and XC racing would be history after reading every document posted by Dirt TV. How could any course comply to their standards?

Tom :excuse:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

DIRTTV
Journalist
Journalist

Tom

Post by DIRTTV »

I did not post this to upset anyone. I have posted this to help educate the membership. Tom you raise valid points. I am glad you have responded. I agree with all your points. What are the guidlines? what does the government determine as wet? dry? cold? hot? what is the legal definition of "mudbogging"? "hill erosion"? This pamphlet is very grey. So is the ministers letter. This was posted simply to show what is happening in another area. It is my hope that our club takes measures and lead the way in holding events that are non determental to our sport. I am sure you agree. I hope we can hold many more races in these areas. Do you think I should post this type of information in the future or if I do post it, In what type of format should it be posted in? I am sure we all agree on this forum that GAMP was a mess. I am uncertain that we will ever gain our trails back due to what ever reason. It is unfortunate my children may never get to experience "the goat ride" "the bighorn ride" "the cave and basin" "creviess and downiess" to name a few.

Respectfully yours,

Doug

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Doug,
its a good post :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Novo
Writer
Writer

Post by Novo »

Thanks for the post Dirt TV - keep the communication and education going :applause: