Indian Graves Restrictions

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I am not so impressed with this letter by the AOHVA, wording was weak and I dont think the key points were made clearly....all of that with 3 spelling mistakes to boot.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Maybe AOHVA will 'get it' when they realize the 4x4 trucks they use to bring quads into staging areas will no longer be allowed. They will not get to their 'favorite' hidden staging areas.

It is very obvious that AOHVA is not about unification of all OHV users, rather its about self preservation of themselves and all their various quads. Bikes and trucks are on their own.

TK :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

I.G

Post by thumper-darryl »

T.K. Just for clarification, AOHVA is VERY much about bikes, and quads. AOHVA and ASA work together and many of the people are the same. At this time there is more activity on the bike front than on quad, or sled front. AOHVA is working on some projects with 4x4 clubs/people in Northern AB. Much is happening for bikes, but not info for a public forum.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: I.G

Post by Spinalguy »

thumper-darryl wrote:T.K. Just for clarification, AOHVA is VERY much about bikes, and quads. AOHVA and ASA work together and many of the people are the same. At this time there is more activity on the bike front than on quad, or sled front. AOHVA is working on some projects with 4x4 clubs/people in Northern AB. Much is happening for bikes, but not info for a public forum.
The above letter would seem otherwise.
No singletrack in Waiporous and a small section in Indian Graves and yet we never see public statements issued from AOHVA regarding this predicament. Thier website also does not address any of our BIKE issues. And finally, when the riding community decided to go clear all the singletrack damage in an OHV area and asked AOHVA for a small amount of the $150,000 they received from Motorcycle and Quad Industry, to buy some chainsaws, they were turned down.

So, where exactly is the AOHVA involved in reopening Waiporous, Indian Graves and preventing closures in Porcupine Hills?
Right, not for a public forum.

TK :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

IG

Post by thumper-darryl »

As one of the volunteers who put in HUNDREDS of hours working on mostly bike related issues with Gov, I take serious offence to the "lack of action" slant of posts like TKs. The work to save some riding areas, and to regain trails in others, is ongoing and consumes a huge amount of time for a few of us. The process is painfully slow, and we need support from the bike community, not the negative (what are you doing for me) sludge. The AOHVA did recieve funding from the manufacturers, but at the last second it was designated for operating and education programs. At the MCC congress this fall we will be asking for funding to be allowed for projects as well.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Darryl,
i am not sure why you are offended. This is directed to AOHVA. As an individual, you have been volunteering for the bike community as many of us also have been volunteering.

i have been to the AOHVA website, i have read the above letter and i along with many are feeling that Quads is the primary focus of AOHVA.
i pay my dues to be a member of AOHVA as do many bike clubs. i along with several others certainly feel that we can question AOHVA's committment and work being done for bikes, not quads. This again is not an affront on you personally Darryl as i have already stated that you have put many hours working on our behalf. You are certainly not AOHVA.
Why was there no AOHVA bike rep on the Land Use Framework? Why did it take just an ordinary non connected guy like me to get that rep?
Why could they not give a small pittance of money to our community for chainsaws which could aptly fall under education. We met many riders and users out there that we stopped to educate.
i don't find this negative, i find it a discussion. As a paid member of AOHVA, i do have every right to ask, "what are you doing for me...the bike guy". i went to the website and i can not find anything. i did find lots of quad stuff.
Respectfully,
Tom Kelly
Last edited by Spinalguy on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Darryl,
maybe someone from AOHVA can attend our next RMDRA meeting and bring us all up to speed on all the latest bike work being done. i am sure we all would look forward to any news from AOHVA.
Tom :cheers:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

OK guys. Let's keep it civil and polite. I don't want this to get out of hand, and this thread has a lot of emotion in it for all of us.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

aohva

Post by thumper-darryl »

I have also raised concerns about no bike content on the AOHVA web-site, but they have had no submit info to put up. 99% of what the AOHVA does is political, so is behind the scenes, but I too have said they need more communication. Not a perfect system.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer