Ghost Access Managment plan

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Ghost Access Managment plan

Post by thumper-darryl »

Time for a quick update on the Ghost Stewardship monitoring committee.
Now about 8 months into things since the Monitoring committee was formed, things are finally moving foreword. The nature of a committee like this results in things moving at a snails pace. Remember that some of the committee members do not want trails at all. My involvement with Rec Corridors gave me a good education on what is required to create a sustainable trail system. I have referred to this on numerous occasions at our Ghost meetings, and the group finally asked for a formal presentation of trail building criteria. I arranged for Russ Ehness from the National Off-highway Vehicle Conservation Council (www.nohvcc.org)to come up from the U.S.A and give a presentation to the group. The day before his presentation with help from Johnathan Langley we took Russ for a quick tour of the Ghost area. This gave Russ an excellent idea of the task at hand. His presentation was well recieved by most of the committee. SRD is now talking about getting the NOHVCC back to do a full workshop, like we had at Rec Corridors. It has been difficult at the committee level with me being the only one in the room with any trail building training, but now many of the committee members will also be up to speed on TRAILS. The first step is done.
Darryl
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

redrider
Writer
Writer

Post by redrider »

Great work. Thank-you
RedRider (Brad B.)
2014 Husqvarna TE300

**You never fail until you stop trying**

Hammer
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Hammer »

I'm with RedRider...great work :cheers:
Hammer
Create->Maintain->Reclaim

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

That is great to hear... Awesome work!

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

GAMP

Post by thumper-darryl »

Lets not get too excited. We are trying, but there is a ton of opposition to a trail system in the Ghost. We are at a point where we need a VERY united bike/quad community to make any headway. At this time we do NOT have a united front. We have full support of the snowmobile community, which helps.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: GAMP

Post by MotorEd »

thumper-darryl wrote:At this time we do NOT have a united front. We have full support of the snowmobile community, which helps.
Ok, we dont have a united front but need one.....what needs to be done in order to achieve this?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Darryl, i appreciate your efforts.
A UNITED front includes ALL motorized vehicles. The majority of grunt work, materials collected and time involved for the FINE bridges Diamond Dave put together in the GAMP area came from the 4WD community. There were bike and quad enthusiasts but overwhelming support was from that 'other' :D community.
Lets try to stand UNITED not SEGREGATED.
Thanks
Tom
:cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com