Huge thanks...

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Huge thanks...

Post by MotorEd »

Just wanted to fire off a huge thanks to Dean Cockshutt who took time out of his busy day to attend the Land Use open house last week and hammer off some very good points about land issues.

I very much appreciate the effort Dean. :cheers:

A personal thank you to any others that took time off to attend....feel free to chime in and give yourself some recognition :D

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i attended as well.
We the bike community have no representation at the official table regarding the decisions that will impact us for the rest of our lives.
i have made contact with the person in charge and have been emailing back and forth to correct this oversight.
The only motorized group that is in the 'loop' is the snowmobiles(ASA) and the quads(AOHVA). Now before someone mentions that AOHVA represents us, i would like you ask how GAMP played out and what exactly did AOHVA do for singletrack riding? Did they protest? launch lawsuits? etc? i respect AOHVA but we need bike representation.

It is good to belong to an organization but i think it is imperative that we have bike only representation. i have spoken to several 'key' figures in the biking community and everyone is on board with these thoughts. We need to be at this table as does AOHVA and also a 4x4 representative.
i will update you further as i know more.
Thanks

TK
:cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Spinalguy wrote:i attended as well.
We the bike community have no representation at the official table regarding the decisions that will impact us for the rest of our lives.
i have made contact with the person in charge and have been emailing back and forth to correct this oversight.
The only motorized group that is in the 'loop' is the snowmobiles(ASA) and the quads(AOHVA). Now before someone mentions that AOHVA represents us, i would like you ask how GAMP played out and what exactly did AOHVA do for singletrack riding? Did they protest? launch lawsuits? etc? i respect AOHVA but we need bike representation.

It is good to belong to an organization but i think it is imperative that we have bike only representation. i have spoken to several 'key' figures in the biking community and everyone is on board with these thoughts. We need to be at this table as does AOHVA and also a 4x4 representative.
i will update you further as i know more.
Thanks

TK
:cheers:
Spinal Guy..... :cheers: to you!!!

You make a very very good point. The fact that we dont have representation is unacceptable. I am trying to rally our executive to come up with a plan....but fact is we need more people to get involved....our execs get pretty busy with lots of other stuff and we only have so much time to volunteer.

So, we need to rally the troops here in the off-road motorcycle world and get our stuff together. Lots of talk on the board here, but I think we need to kick it up a notch.

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

Gentelmen
We are still progressing on a all club, industry and assc. meeting to hammer out the issues and direction.
My suggestion would be to formulate a plan for the meeting as we can only accomidate 2-3 executives from each club and assc.
No details are finalized yet.
I will stay in touch.
Derek, any news, yet?
Johnathan/Motovan
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale