Trail Contruction and Maintenance

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

dirtyboy wrote:I agree with BigDog. I'm betting that there are a lot more entries at the Colorado races, and therefore more volunteers or maybe even money for workers to maintain the trail after the race. If there are more entries then the trail will need more maintenance. Compared to a GNCC we have about 5% of the entries. 5% of the riders has a much smaller impact.
Good point Dirtyboy :applause:

TrialsPaul
Writer
Writer

Post by TrialsPaul »

Dirtboy, most of the Colorado Races are Enduros with the trail only being ridden once with an average of +/- 300 riders. The amount of volunteers for a race is similar to the support I have seen at the RMDR races. They try to encourage trail work with “eligibility points”. The “eligibility points” are earned by volunteering at races, cleaning up trails, etc. The “eligibility points” are required to get year end points towards the circuit championship. They are trying to get racers to put some effort into the trails, rather than just showing up to race. There is no money ever offered to the volunteers.

I cannot comment the trail maintained on the GNCC races. I believe most of the courses are run on private land.
Instructor - Offroad Motorcycle Training Institute (providing offroad training in Alberta)
http://www.offroadmotorcycletraining.ca