ALBERTA LAND...PLEASE READ!!!!

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Awesome. I'm sure he was talking about the bridges that you, Diamond Dave, spearheaded. Nice work. :banana:

Novo
Writer
Writer

Post by Novo »

Very encouraging update Diamond Dave and great recognition of responsible volunteer efforts!

Hopefully, the governmental bureaucracy is increasingly motivated to ask and work more closely with OHV groups and other stakeholders to help ensure success of their threefold mandate: education, regulation, and enforcement!

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Novo wrote:Very encouraging update Diamond Dave and great recognition of responsible volunteer efforts!

Hopefully, the governmental bureaucracy is increasingly motivated to ask and work more closely with OHV groups and other stakeholders to help ensure success of their threefold mandate: education, regulation, and enforcement!
I agree it is encouraging. However from the single track off-road motorcyle community we need better representation in the "OHV group" category. I keep hearing mention about the Quad Squad, but no mention about representation from either our club or any other single track riders?

DIAMOND DAVE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by DIAMOND DAVE »

MotorEd wrote:
Novo wrote:Very encouraging update Diamond Dave and great recognition of responsible volunteer efforts!

I agree it is encouraging. However from the single track off-road motorcyle community we need better representation in the "OHV group" category. I keep hearing mention about the Quad Squad, but no mention about representation from either our club or any other single track riders?
Wait for it. I'm sure something is coming down the pipe. :D

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Finally... that is the first time I have ever heard anyone from the government say anything remotely positive about OHV use. I have always said that all of our problems are caused by wreckless partyers and the associated riff raff that goes with them. In my survey I made it very clear that the majority of OHV users won't even camp at major areas during long weekends because of these "types".

Anyways, I feel really positive about land use now. I guess it helps that sales of OHVs have doubled and registrations have quadrupled.

Onward and upward... is it too much to ask to re-open the ghost? :excuse:

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

Onward and upward... is it too much to ask to re-open the ghost?
Your so right!
They premier has stated he wants more rec areas.
WE HAVE ONE!!!!! The Ghost waiporous area.
Its been GPS and inventoried.
OPEN THE TRAILS BACK UP!!!!!
Talk about making a easy rec area,change the freakin map! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
This is what the AOHVA and the bike reps on the stewardship commitee needs to be telling government.
Johnathan
p.s. if we do gain any trails back, its a diffrent world up there now. There is so much blowdown, we will need a coordinated effort to reclaim any trails.
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

As Diamond Dave alluded to, there is good news :banana:
As previously stated by me in this thread, i attended the Land Use Framework open house in Calgary. i was dismayed to find out that we had no representation from Bikes and 4x4's. Snowmobiles and Quads are at the working group tables with ASA and AOHVA representing their interests respectively.
i made the appropriate contacts and followed up. Through many communications, i was able to plead our case.
i am DELIGHTED to report that i have received CONFIRMATION from SRD that they will accept a bike AND a 4x4 rep at the working group tables. This is HUGE as these committees will shape the provinces future. Understand that the Ghost Stewardship group is just for the Ghost. The working groups that i got us on is for the PROVINCE!

This has been a tremendous win for our communities. We ride bikes but your kids or grandkids may one day want to take a responsible 4x4 trip to our great outdoors, hence i fought for both groups with no division between us.

This is a huge commitment for the candidate chosen to represent the bike community. It requires several multi day meetings throughout Alberta in the next 2.5 months. The government will pay gas and hotels. These are weekday meetings. The first meeting is 1.5 weeks away.

Prior to this confirmation, i had polled various influential and very respected members of our riding community to ask their opinions. We all take this effort very seriously.

i would like to be that candidate as would some of these others but the ability to close our shops to do this is just not possible. We have narrowed it down to one very capable and willing person.

We will need a letter/email from RMDRA and Second Gear Club supporting this choice. Unfortunately, there is not much time for much more discussion as SRD needs our choice early next week or we will lose the seat. As no one in the bike or 4x4 community realized we were not represented until i made inquiries, please do not feel that feathers have been ruffled. Every move i have made has been in the best interest of bikes and 4x4's. i wish there was time to discuss all the possibilities but time was not and is not on our side.
This is the time to put personal conflicts aside and unanimously and enthusiastically support our choice.
i would like Dennis of RMDRA and Siggy (sp?) of SGC to contact me. 815-1943

Once RMDRA and SGC endorses this candidate, he will take direction from RMDRA, SGC, and especially Dave Dunlop (Diamond Dave) as he has been instrumental in orchestrating and developing a very positive working relationship with SRD that we all will benefit from. i will coordinate the strategy and input sessions over the coming months.

Thanks all and lets keep positive and publicly supportive of all motorized use in Alberta as this cohesion between OHV groups is absolutely necessary in reaching trail stewardship success.

Tom :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Well done Tom... what you have done is absolutely astonishing. I highly commend you and will fully support/ back you in every way I can. :cheers:

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

Tom
Thats fantastic!
I read the complete letter hanging on a thread!!!
And the candidate is???????????
Johnathan
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

After some discussions with 5 of RMDRA's executives and with Siggi of SGC there is confirmed support for our candidate.

By no means is this ever an easy decision. Due to time constraints, we did not have the luxury to interview the several respected members of the riding community that hail from the LMC and KMA as well as other respected Alberta clubs.
We have done the best we can do. Personally, i think we have done very well.
As announced at today's Porcupine Hills Hare Scramble, we have chosen Brad Churchill to be our voice and ears for the shaping of Alberta's future.
Brad is a very accomplished individual. He has taken companies to huge successes and is considered an exceptional entrepreneur. He has also owned a ranch with 40 horses in the Livingstone area. He has owned jeeps and now rides bikes. He took an idea and ran with it making Sportsman rides a huge success last season for RMDRA. This year he has hooked up with Blackfoot Motorsports and made the rides a continued success and put RMDRA on an even larger map.
Brad is willing to take direction and will treat this process with the utmost integrity. It will require him to spend 8 days throughout the summer in various Alberta locations. The committee he will sit on is Growth and Resource Management.
We would like to set up some group meetings with executive members of any and all Alberta riding clubs to hear your recreation and racing concerns for the future of Alberta. We will make this happen after the first meeting that Brad attends on June 25th. This meeting will hopefully let us know what exactly the stakeholders concerns are for Alberta's future and with this knowledge it will provide us with some insight on how we want Brad to proceed.

Thank you
Tom Kelly

TK :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

Congratulations Brad and Thank you Tom.

Brad is an excellent choice for this position.
He is intelligent, articulate and an excellent communicator.

We have a lot of valuable people volunteering their time on the land advocacy issue.
I want to thank them, Dean,Dave,Daryll, and Siggi.
If I forgot anyone I apologize.

Brad, I have seen first hand your ability to write enlightening emails.
I hope you will continue with sending them out.
Communication is key.

This is a time for all the clubs and associations to start pulling on the rope together.

If you need any help from me, call me anytime.

If I could also add a suggestion.
This is such an important issue it deserves its own thread with an introduction of Brad.
Also, put something on the homepage, perhaps it will spark some interest from some other members.

Johnathan/ 606-0505
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »