Increased fines May 1, 2007

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Increased fines May 1, 2007

Post by dirtyboy »

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I think most would agree with beefing up the fines BUT if they are trying to clean up the areas and discourage the carelessness that occurs during the May long weekend a measly $150 for improper disposal of waste is a joke. Look at how much waste was removed from McLean after the May long last year by the OHV clubs. It was a disgusting mess.

And you can ride a horse off a designated trail and it will cost you $150, but if you operate an OHV off a designated trail its $250? What gives there :excuse:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i like this one Speeding violations $100 How is that determined??? :excuse: i will assume its the 940 trunk road not any trails

Another great one :banghead: Not keeping a pet contained or on a 3m leash $100

We definitely need fines and i am sure all 3 officers will manage the task well.

TK
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Operation of on-or off-highway vehicles and snow vehicles in contravention of the regulations (i.e. operation outside of designated areas or timeframes) - $250

I think this is the one that will effect us the most.

McLean between Dec. 1 and Apr. 30 comes to mind.

MotorEd, agreed $150 for improper disposal of garbage seems to be grossly out of line .

TK, I usually see 3 SRD trucks each day I go out to Waiparous. How do you know there is only 3 officers? IMO, they have way more officers now than they had in 2005.

:cheers:

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Is there a new designated trails map??? I wouldn't waste the gas to go to Waiporous to ride jeep trails, quad tracks and the 5 non-connected kms of single track !!! Is there some new news that hasn't been published yet or are we not all in "The Loop" as club members who stick together ?!?!?!? WR Dave.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

WR_Dave wrote:Is there a new designated trails map??? I wouldn't waste the gas to go to Waiporous to ride jeep trails, quad tracks and the 5 non-connected kms of single track !!! Is there some new news that hasn't been published yet or are we not all in "The Loop" as club members who stick together ?!?!?!? WR Dave.
No, we still have the same map of designated trails they so generously gave us last year....nothing new and wouldnt expect anything new anytime soon the way things are going.