Update on whats been going on.

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
DIAMOND DAVE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Update on whats been going on.

Post by DIAMOND DAVE »

Bridge # 3 is going in. The first 2 weekends of June will be the install dates. The CJA and Four Wheel Stampeder’s will be doing the install along with the Calgary Quad Squad and the Second Gear Club. This will be a “Multi” user installation effort.
Once the Bridge is in, the groups involved will be working on their first proposal to submit to the GAMP stewardship committee (when they are ready) to re-open Leisure Creek Trail to “Multi-use”.
With the 3 different user groups and one Environmental company on the the proposal, it should look good to the commitee.
My goal is to get some unitiy amongst the users to help support proposals from single track up to multi-use.
I Hope that's OK with everyone?

Bridge # 4 will be announced soon. It’s slated to be install in 2 locations along Meadow Creek Trail (Multi use already).

Also, the Calgary Quad Squad has arranged for the donation of a large amount of used drill stem. We finished building the first engineered 30’ ATV Bridge this past weekend. We are planning on installing 4 more bridges that lead out of the Fallen Timber Camp ground in order to open the trail system to the small or less experienced riders that can't get across the water.
We are working on a 70’ 4x4 bridge design and hope to have one engineered up here shortly.

Myself and a few others that are part of this bridge/trail team believe Bridging is going to be a key factor on with regards to what trails are re-opened. Water is a big concern with everyone.

To date this is where we are with regards to things that have been done. Since Dec 2006.

2- ATV/Dirt Bike bridges installed in the Fallen Timber Area.
2- Multi-use Bridges going in starting in the beginning of June.

ASRD has certified myself and 2 other operators to take and use their new skid-steer for trail/bridge projects in both Waiparous and McLean Creek.

ASRD has issued $26000.00 in both funds and material in order to get these bridging projects in. (NO PROFIT WILL BE MADE WITH THESE FUNDS)

CD has suggested that they may be able to allow the use of one of their dozers in the McLean Creek area. We will be working out the logistics of that.

There is a ton of projects laid out for Mclean Creek this year and project leaders will be required. Also, we need help with leaders in the Ghost Waiparous area for a number of projects that are in the works.

Regards,

Dave

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

Dave
First, thanks for your efforts.
I sure hope we can see some progress to open some single track soon.
Second, I will accept a project in the Fallen Timber area this spring summer.
Anything I can do to help.
Johnathan/Motovan
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale

DIAMOND DAVE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by DIAMOND DAVE »

Dragon997 wrote:Dave
First, thanks for your efforts.
I sure hope we can see some progress to open some single track soon.
Second, I will accept a project in the Fallen Timber area this spring summer.
Anything I can do to help.
Johnathan/Motovan
Thanks Johnathan. :cheers:

We measured up 3 crossing last weekend and calculated the ice flow into the picture. (It's nice to have an enviro company working with us :D )
They will be 50' crossings. So a good back workout for you.

We should chat after the May long and figure out what fits with your schedual.

Cheers,

Dave

PeterM
Writer
Writer

Post by PeterM »

Dave, you're putting so much into this !! You're the first person I know of that has bridge building projects as a hobby :)

Profit - you deserve to profit beyond personal satisfaction of OH community / area contribution!
888 KTM

DonMcKay

Post by DonMcKay »

I will post a link to the March bridge install. http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/don2ho ... /my_photos

I was a bit busy with the camera. enjoy the pictures.

Don