GAMP MAP

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
onthemain
Writer
Writer

GAMP MAP

Post by onthemain »

if anyone wants to see the Gamp map bowridge in cochrane has it posted for viewing

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

On the main, Thanks

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I've seen it. There are areas near Hunter Valley that have been marked/signed as motorcyle trails for years that are not even on this map :banghead:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

One, I repeat, one of those trails is on the map. My tour guides called it the Government trail. That was the start of the Moose CX a couple of years ago.

One the map it looks like a 3 km straight section of trail that you could ride back and forth on all day long. It has a lot of problems with erosion and could be dangerous with 2 way traffic. :excuse:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

As a rider we lost 95% of all singletrack in the 1300 sq km area. We also lost all trails that quads lost....about 70% and we lost all but 5% of truck 'roads'.
:crybaby:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Well the map does say "for discussion purpose only". So now is the time to fight for your trails

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

MtnBlue wrote:Well the map does say "for discussion purpose only". So now is the time to fight for your trails
Exactly! But the process will close in September so we have to get on it if we are to have any effect.

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

dirtyboy wrote:One, I repeat, one of those trails is on the map. My tour guides called it the Government trail. That was the start of the Moose CX a couple of years ago.

One the map it looks like a 3 km straight section of trail that you could ride back and forth on all day long. It has a lot of problems with erosion and could be dangerous with 2 way traffic. :excuse:
I heard that Darryl is looking for a map with the "Government" Trails marked on it. Like an actual foresty issued map. A certain minister is denying that there are any Gov't made/approved trails out there.
Darryl, I was also told that you guys have discovered that it is not unheard of to have trails in a Wildland Park? Maybe this is good news for us.
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

DirtGirl wrote:I heard that Darryl is looking for a map with the "Government" Trails marked on it. Like an actual foresty issued map. A certain minister is denying that there are any Gov't made/approved trails out there.
I wonder if cladoo's old forestry brochure from 1980's has the motorcycle trails on it? cladoo?

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

bike trails

Post by thumper-darryl »

Local SRD has not included trails built by forestry a number of years back. So far the Minister is not aware of the descrepency in maps. There are in fact OHV trails in wildland parks in the province. The AOHVA and RMDRA are on it, representing the bike community. More of this stuff is covered at RMDRA meetings.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

The Brochure was put out by the AB government and it does have bike trails on it which includes the south staging area!
Claude