everyone must see this!!!

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

I wasn't trying to justify the actions in any way. Sometimes a blind eye can be a good thing. Not going to do any good here I guess.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

So now I know why I have to have insurance and registration on my dirtbike in Alberta!? If I hit a cow and I go 6' under, does my wife get sued by the cattle rancher?
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

BradC
Writer
Writer

Potential Solution...

Post by BradC »

Here's what I see:

The cattle guys don't like the motorcycle guys and the motorcycle guys are trying to be the more mature of it. It doesn't matter how polite and respectable we are, the ranchers will ALWAYS dislike what we do. I know. I owned a ranch and spent many evenings chatting with my neighbors about the dastardly oil and gas companies, and the dastardly hunters and the dastardly quad guys, and the dastardly motorcycle guys, and, and, and. Heck, they hated the fact that I rode my bikes on MY OWN PROPERTY!!!

THE REALITY IS THIS WILL NEVER NEVER ****NEVER**** CHANGE. PERIOD. If you think it will, you're a fool.

It doesn't matter how polite you are to these people. They are set in their ways. They are a community that is tightly bound by mutual hardship and comraderie. It has been instilled on these people from the day they are born that neighbors help neighbors. We are not their neighbors and never will be.

They do however understand one thing: a very clear message. Let me give you an example:

The neighbor directly north of my ranch had a dog that would walk 1.5km every day to tear up my garbage, eat my dog's food and make a mess of my yard. I spoke with the neighbor politely about this 3 times, each time getting more insistent that something needed to be done. The fourth time it happened I drove over to his house, and handed him a shotgun shell. My exact words were: "Take a good look at this. It's exactly like the one I'll shoot your dog with the next time it's in my yard."

He got the message, apologized profusely and kept the dog in his yard after that. Until that moment, he didn't give a pinch of pigeon poop about my problem.

I'm not saying shoot the guy! Hah!

What I am saying is send a message. The message should be this: lease or borrow a bobcat and truck. Load all the sludge into the truck and take it back to his property. Dump it right on his doorstep - and I mean LITERALLY on the doorstep of his house. Leave him with a letter and pictures politely saying that he "left something behind" last time he was in the staging area, and we were being kind enough to return it to him. Then send a copy of it (with pictures) to the SRD and whoever else is in charge of GAMP.

I know it's not politically correct. However not everyone is politically correct. I learned that a long time ago too.

I'd even be happy to drive the truck to his house and dump it myself.

Brad.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

cow poop

Post by thumper-darryl »

Thanks for that Brad. It is refreshing to see someone who calls a spade a spade.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

I dunno what to say - but both the story and the idea certainly are DAMN funny!!
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

We were riding from the Fallen Timber Staging area on Oct 8. The rancher had also dropped a lot of hay in the random camping area on the west side of the bridge.
It is all cleaned up now. Both the staging area and the random camping area.
Johnathan
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

cows

Post by DirtGirl »

Great!!!! Now if only we could get the graffiti cleaned up inside that cook shack.....
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

Dragon997
Writer
Writer

Post by Dragon997 »

Yeah, its great the cowshit is cleaned up! I have a different view on the writings on the wall.There is nothing offensive or dirty, just some kids with sharpies and a nice mural.Its Harmless.
09 KTM300XCW
05 CRF250X
08 KLR 650
08 DL1000
TTR125 x2
TTR110 for sale