New Trail closure within Mclean

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Knuck
User
User

New Trail closure within Mclean

Post by Knuck »

Mostly the road but does include the access to Pecker Poles from the east.

http://aep.alberta.ca/recreation-public ... 4-2018.pdf

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New Trail closure within Mclean

Post by dirtyboy »

And here is the map to go with the notice:

http://aep.alberta.ca/recreation-public ... 4-2018.pdf

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

The singletrack section they closed is high and rocky with the exception of the first 30 feet on the east end of the trail. Shame AEP would not give us the opportunity to install some Muskeg Matts or bricks/rocks/gravel, etc for such a small area of concern seeing as how AEP will be going in with heavy equipment and digging up a large area to close the trail. :thumbsdown:

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

I plan to contact AEP first thing next week, and will report back here with the results.

Disheartening how stake holders are completely absent from any part of this process. These are not public lands, they seem to be treated as AEP lands, for them to distribute access as they see fit.

I for one will make this clear at election time, that this is not the type of totalitarian government process i support.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

So the trails have been closed and removed from the map already so bikes/quads don't harm any fish, but they are continuing to allow logging trucks and heavy equipment to use the trail through 2019 LOL. :crazy: Brilliant. Its obviously not about the fish.

Regi300
User
User

Post by Regi300 »

I always suspected that the eco-terrorists' assaults on the Mclean Creek PLUZ would be piecemeal, small closures here and there opposed to how they executed the castle mtn closure . Call me paranoid, but i think mclean is in their sights and it will be reduced to a couple of quad trails within a decade if the NDP gets back to back majority governments. Please vote and encourage your friends and family to do the same this upcoming spring, much is at stake.