Here's how you can make a real difference for OHV recreation in Alberta

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Here's how you can make a real difference for OHV recreation in Alberta

Post by WRocks »

Alberta’s provincial election is coming in 2019.
If you think just voting for the candidate in your riding is the best way to make a difference, that’s not entirely true and here’s why…

We are in the peak of nomination season for candidates in all ridings. There are many new faces seeking nominations in this election and they have various opinions on OHV recreation and random camping. Here is some information on how you can make a difference as to who that candidate and their position on OHV recreation.

Do some research on the nomination candidates in your riding, find out who they are and what they stand for. Reach out to them for their position on OHV recreation and closures by the current government. This is not that hard as most of them have already left a leaflet in your mailbox or knocked on your door, so can easily be contacted. Google search always works.

1. Donate to their campaign (Candidates have very little to work with in the nomination phase)
2. Find out when and where your ridings nomination vote will take place
3. Support your candidate of choice by attending an voting for them (You only need to be a party member to attend and vote)
4. Rally your friends and family to do the same

A little know fact is that the nomination votes are not that well attended. In many cases the winning candidate does so by a margin of only a few dozen votes. Call, email or have a coffee with them. Every vote counts, so the nomination candidates are very accessible and impressionable.

I have chosen a candidate reached out and now know him on a first name basis. I have donated to his campaign and will support him in is nomination and if successful in the provincial election. He has pledged to support any initiatives supporting OHV’s and random camping.

This post is not intended to support a political party, but rather provide some information on how to get engaged and make a difference.
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Here's how you can make a real difference for OHV recreation in Alberta

Post by dirtyboy »

Nice! I did just that in my riding and found that 1 candidate was clueless and the other was well versed on OHV issues and wasn't pleased with what has been going on with the NDP.

I voted at the nomination vote a month or two ago and he got in.

I'm looking forward to vote for him again in the provincial election in spring.

Good post WRocks!