Livingstone and Porcupine Hills Public Land Use Zones Established

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Livingstone and Porcupine Hills Public Land Use Zones Established

Post by trailguy »

Taurkon wrote:Wanted to resurrect this thread and see if there were any RMDRA riders that rode at Porks last summer and can provide any feedback? Are most of the ST trails that we'd ride in the past now closed? Looking for a general feel for the value of heading to porcupine hills for a long weekend or a week to ride. Any comparisons and contrasts between now and before the land closures?

Thanks,
Scott
74% of trails closed. Not 100% sure, but I believe all ST trails were closed.
The science supports it though - what with stressed out lizards in OHV area's, Kangaroo's being killed by OHV's. The NDP actually took the data of grizzly bears fatality's from our major highways and directly copied and pasted it to our ST trails :crazy:. So because you and I Scott are plowing over grizzly bears on ST trails all day long, the science supports it.
Its all a bunch of BS and just more lies out the NDP. How Phillips even has a job nevermind not in jail is such a huge disservice to Albertans.

Taurkon
User
User

Post by Taurkon »

Thanks for the response, it's about what I figured. And yes, I'm well aware of how the NDP used "science" and statistics to support their zoning.

I am hoping that in a couple years, we can petition the provincial government to re-zone castle and porcupine again, but if/when we do get a UCP government, they have so much to fix that it will take time for these issues to become priorities. What I can tell you sure as (I can't type without swearing. The word that I used is one of GC's 7 words that you can not say on television.) though, the cattle were the main cause of damage in areas like Porks, not a small number of ST dirt riders.

I wonder how much the park services patrol the are?. There was some really good trails... such a shame!

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Well here you go. It's sad to see the hate and discrimination OHV users are now suffering...
PorcupineGeoMapWinter-Jan2019.pdf
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 245 times

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

trailguy wrote:Some light reading.
https://www.therebel.media/fire-shannon-phillips
The climate change scam is part of this, its all connected. There has been a massive uncovering of the foreign funded ENGOs and their mission to snuff out Alberta fossil fuel resources. Restricted land use is part of the program. Most are aware of the Y2Y, and their mission to create a wildlife corridor. Get reading and get connected with Vivian Krause. The stuff she has uncovered is crazy. Excellent work.

start with this...
https://fairquestions.typepad.com/rethi ... ments.html

all the links on the right side of her web page are great.

Like most things, the more I learn the less I know...and I hate to sound like a crazy conspiracy theory whacko...but we are and have been under some very strong foreign/well funded ENGO influence.

Keep reading, this stuff is only getting worse for us as off-road enthusiasts and an energy rich province.

:attention:

BurntTimber
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BurntTimber »

Sorry to resurrect this one again, but in looking at the Summer map I'm seeing some single track in there. I'm not super familiar with what was there before, but is this a significantly reduced version of the single track that was out there before? (I'm assuming so since there only looks to be about 20-30km of trail on that map).

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents ... er-map.pdf

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

My understanding is that originally there was no designated single track but thanks to the hard work of Keith, John and others with the Lethbridge motorcycle club they’ve been able to get some approved. With hopefully more to come :thumbsup:
KTM 300 XCW
#184A