y2y

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

y2y

Post by MotorEd »

I saw someone that posted some great info shedding light on this y2y cult organization but cant find it now? Anyone have some links they could share or point me in the right direction?

Please and thanks.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: y2y

Post by MotorEd »

Audited financial statements from 2016 show salaries of over $1.1MM to these guys. and was just under $1.0MM for 2015, yet they dont list anyone having income in the t3010 registered charity information return? is this because they dont classify anyone as permanent fulltime? How do you pay that amount in salary and not have to declare who is getting paid what? Classify them as part time?

they are taking a great spin at this headwaters thing, making the connection to beer....brilliant. like who doesnt like beer? save my headwaters because we need beer! Same propaganda like other charitable organizations with the save the environment spin.

uphill battle here
Attachments
dec31-16-y2y-society-audited-financial-statements.pdf
(939.92 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: y2y

Post by AJRJ »

Th reality is that we are challenged to compete with a group that is extraordinarily well funded. This gives them the luxury of working (paid) during the day, while virtually every other group on "our side of the fence" is a volunteer, who works a day job.

I find it so frustrating that large, intelligent organizations are manipulating Canadian "Greenies" and Indigenous people to block the development of public land. If anyone thinks the fight at the highest levels is over grizzly bears, just have a look where the funding is coming from.

As a user, park pass holder, OHV rider, hunter, fisher, etc No one has to tell me how important it is to protect the back country. Y2Y is focusing on areas that are already very well managed (have been for decades) and turning them into Parks. Biologists have been managing Albertas resources since just after the turn of the last century.

On the bright side; WE ARE THE MAJORITY. There are more of us to vote, engage the government etc. We pay taxes here and the Government has an obligation to listen. We have been subject to the views of elected NGOs and special interest group representatives who made thir way into high level roles in the last Provincial election.

Remember that when the next one comes up in 2019. :thumbsup: