Looks like we lost all of Castle

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Looks like we lost all of Castle

Post by Dobi »

JohnE wrote:If the club wanted to see the "scientific research" maybe they could do an access for information request under provincial freedom of information legislation?
I've never been the initiator of a FOIP (been on the receiving end a few times). Is it difficult to put together the request?

JohnE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by JohnE »

I think they make the request process pretty user friendly, but I'm not sure what the fee is. I think if the request is broad, but also includes a number of specific sub-categories (e.g. phase 1, phase 2, environmental impact assessment), you can try to get all of their analysis while having them confirm what items they should have done, don't actually exist. So there's maybe a trick in getting the actual request properly worded. Heck, there can even be value in having your request rejected so if the club decided to do something like this I'd volunteer to help.

Interesting that the references in the Castle management plan don't indicate anything specific to OHV use or NOVCC work (most if not all of it doesn't even seem to be specific to the Castle).

Agree all voices need to be heard on this - bureaucrats count numbers and people can't just rely on a handful of clubs in Alberta making submissions.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I have just finished a panel discussion with CPAWS on Alberta Prime Time for CTV news. It will air tonight at 6pm and 11pm. I will drop a link once it airs. We've got them worried. Please don't back down.

kjo417
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by kjo417 »

AJRJ wrote:
Dobi wrote:There is a townhall being held on Feb 7th at 7pm at the Cowley Hall. Not sure who from GoA will be there, or how it will be recognized, but we should show our support to our friends down south for when we need them to help us up here...

Agreed, are you planning to attend? I'll tentatively commit, a little uncertainty as I'm travelling back from Edmonton that day.
Do you need a ride? I am happy to head that way from work.

kjo417
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by kjo417 »

Dobi wrote:I have just finished a panel discussion with CPAWS on Alberta Prime Time for CTV news. It will air tonight at 6pm and 11pm. I will drop a link once it airs. We've got them worried. Please don't back down.
The PVR is set! Awesome work!!

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

http://alberta.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1046591

Sorry for any confusion. It was on Alberta Primetime and not the real CTV news....

JohnE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by JohnE »

Dobi wrote:http://alberta.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1046591

Sorry for any confusion. It was on Alberta Primetime and not the real CTV news....
That was a great job

outrgus
Writer
Writer

Post by outrgus »

Excellent job

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Thanks for doing that Dobi. Looked really awkward to me, the way they had you guys sitting right beside each other. You were well spoken and well informed.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Thank you Mike
Bikeless....

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

I really think someone needs to make a FOIP request. I'd do it but I live in Texas. The request should ask for all government communication regarding the proposed Castle OHV ban as well as all scientific studies related to or supporting the proposed ban.

Note, this should be done soon as the government have 30 days to respond and it would be beneficial to have the government response before the "consultation period" closes.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

kjo417
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by kjo417 »

Please find attached the updated Town Hall Information for the February 7th meeting. The venue has changed to Bellevue.

MDM Centre
2802-222 St
Bellevue, MD of Crowsnest Pass

Updated Town Hall for Feb 7th Meeting.pdf
(184.86 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Here is the letter that I sent out this afternoon to Ms Phillips. The letters don't need to be fancy, they just need to state we don't support the Castle Park exemption of OHV's. Please, feel free to use this letter as a template, modify and send away.
Castle Letter - Phillips - RMDRA.docx
(27.73 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

vwrally
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vwrally »

Does anyone have the live broadcast details? I've seen it mentioned but can't find any details.