Recreational Planning Workshops

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Recreational Planning Workshops

Post by Dobi »

There is a key opportunity in front of us right now to participate in some workshops that will lead to the implementation of a recreational plan for Porkies and Livingstone. I encourage as many of you as possible to sign up for a session and attend. We need to focus on the need to provide a meaningful opportunity for OHV enthusiasts. (mostly Singletrack...) The more voices we can have at these sessions the better.

Thanks!!

Dear Stakeholder:

At the last Land Footprint Management Plan Workshop in Pincher Creek on October 5th, 2016, it was identified that outdoor recreation planning sessions for the Porcupine Hills will be organized. Based on the feedback received, the sessions have now been set for the following dates, times and locations:

December 6th, 2016 – 9:00 am – 12:00 noon in Pincher Creek at the Ramada Hotel - 1132 Table Mountain Street
December 6th, 2016 – 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm in Pincher Creek at the Ramada Hotel - 1132 Table Mountain Street
December 13th, 2016 – 9:00 am – 12:00 noon in Lethbridge at the Public Library – 810 – 5 Avenue South
December 13th, 2016 – 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm in Lethbridge at the Public Library – 810 – 5 Avenue South

Sessions objectives are:
· Understand the parameters set out in the land footprint management plan regarding outdoor recreation possibilities.
· Identify the Principles and Values of Recreation Management.
· Discuss and gather information for trails, experience needs and amenity concepts.

In order to accommodate the greatest number of participants and encourage an in-depth discussion, we will be limiting participation to a maximum number of 40 participants per session. Please note that you will only be allowed to register for ONE of the sessions identified above. In the New Year, we will host another session, open to all, where information will be shared.

Please RSVP to Jessica by Friday December 2nd, 2016 with your first and second choice of session to attend and identify if your interest is motorized, non-motorized or both. Confirmations will be sent out.

Jessica.Yuszko@gov.ab.ca
(403)388-7737

Thank you on behalf of the Planning Team

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Recreational Planning Workshops

Post by AJRJ »

Is this one invitation per club, or individual?

Interesting that they need to know your position before you attend, almost like that's a criteria for demographics in the room?

Info session in the new year? Seems like this is the public input session, and the decision (which may or may not have already been made) is coming soon.

I will RSVP for one day, not yet sure which. I would encourage others to do so. I would also encourage people to be careful while selecting their interests, as you may not get a seat.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Recreational Planning Workshops

Post by Dobi »

I am attending on the afternoon session for the 13th. I was not made aware that it was only one representative per club. I actually don't think its a bad thing to separate the user groups. It will be much more effective not having to talk over some non motorized user complaining about not being alone in his/her forest. That being said, it would be nice to have a few moles in the non motorized group trying to strike a balance for all users!

I sadly have to agree that the outcome seems predetermined on this one. We are getting mixed messaging from AEP and the current government doesn't appear to want to listen to anyone....