5K Staging Area is a Disgrace

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
RJHenry
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Re: 5K Staging Area is a Disgrace

Postby RJHenry » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:56 pm

350scott wrote:
Hooligan wrote:I will have to go rent a trailer

You shouldn't have to rent a trailer. I know many members have open trailers you could use to haul garbage, and I'm certain they would happily lend it for this.

Can someone offer up a utility trailer for this (and a tarp would be great idea)?

Better yet - can anyone lend an hydraulic dump trailer? This is the safest and easiest way to unload a mess like this...
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

Uboatcmdr

Postby Uboatcmdr » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:07 pm

First post here. :applause:

So there is a second trailer down a trail by Fisher South? Is this down a truck trail?

Although its currently for sale I have a pretty built, mostly unstoppable Jeep, and would definitely be willing to lend a hand dragging that out of the bush assuming theres some way to get rid of it. I'm not exactly sure what has to happen with the respective authorities to remove abandoned vehicles, maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Postby cedric » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:56 am

I had a peek at this abandoned camper on the weekend. It is a slide in truck camper that is sitting over the side of the bank on it's roof. It looks like the "donors" backed up their truck to edge of the bank and flipped the camper off the backside of the truck. It may be hard to drag it back up the hill as there will be lots of friction. It is only ~100ft off the main road and could be accessed by pretty much any truck, but it may require a wrecker to pull it back up the bank, or a good winch with a pulley hung from a tree or something.

Advertisement

Return to “Land Advocacy”