Guns in McLean

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
JohnE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Guns in McLean

Post by JohnE »

Not sure if it's just me but is there more and more gun use in McLean? Late last summer and again earlier this year I've heard quite a few gun shots when out riding that I don't remember hearing before. Early last fall on Horizon I came across a guy hiking along the singletrack with a hunting rifle, not sure where he was going to shoot along there but I don't think any game season was open so I'm guessing he wasn't out hunting.

Apparently the Sibbald rifle range lease got turned back to the province on Dec. 31/15 and the range closed because it was such a zoo - is this all coming to Mclean now? Anyone heard if SRD has any opinion on it?

I grew up around guns in Alberta and I don't have any issues at all with responsible people shooting or hunting out in the bush, but McLean is a small and busy OHV area and I'm not sure it's the best place for people to be running around with long guns.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Guns in McLean

Post by cedric »

There have been several threads about this in the past year on here, gun use in McLean is definitely on the rise the past year or two. Often it is unsafe and against regulations. Last September I was out riding on a Saturday and it sounded like a war zone out there. Like you I'm not against responsible gun use, but I fear someone is going to get hurt or worse.

JohnE
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Guns in McLean

Post by JohnE »

Thanks for the heads up on the other threads, I should have searched before I posted and will take a look through the site