Alberta Recreational Management Workshop

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Alberta Recreational Management Workshop

Post by Dobi »

As some of you have heard at recent club meetings or at the amazing kickoff event we held a few weeks back that the RMDRA and Alberta Environment and Parks have come together to hold a 2 day workshop on Recreational management for OHV’s. We will be bringing NOHVCC (North American Off Highway Vehicle Conservation Council) up from the US to facilitate this event. The timing of this event is critical as the GoA has started developing recreational management plans for Southern Alberta. They have started with the Porkies area in the South and will move North over the next few years. This workshop is not about how to build, maintain and reclaim trails. That will come at a later date. This workshop is for those people that want to become actively involved in the stakeholder meetings and potential advisory boards for developing the rec management plans for each of the PLUZ areas. It is also a good exposure for those individuals that want to become a part of the boots on the ground work of inventorying trails and even doing mapping work to support that activity.

We do have a few spots available for RMDRA members, if you are interested please send me a PM or give me a call on cell (403) 389-122six) and I will forward the link to the registration. I am keeping this somewhat closed loop at this time as we have limited spots and have invited essentially all of the trail user groups from Southern Alberta (and those guys from NASTE). The GoA has committed a number of their planning and decision making level people to the workshop.

The event is located in SW Calgary and runs April 1 and 2nd.

Thanks for everyone’s support on these initiatives.