Ghost Logging petition

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Ghost Logging petition

Post by dirtyboy »

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Ghost Logging petition

Post by malcolmzilla »

Signed, might as well put the Dippers to some use.
They are RAZING it all, BTW, sun up to sundown, no regard for water sheds, or by cut. It will be gone in year.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

me too
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Thanks for the support

It is frustrating to see the full logging trucks rolling out of there and they banned us from riding there years ago. Why? So it could be logged without regard for stakeholders? :mad:

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Signed!
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Signed. I couldn't believe my eyes the last time I drove down the Transalta road a few weeks ago. :thumbsdown:

I think they are going all night out there, they were going strong before first light and still going after dark. :crazy:

outrgus
Writer
Writer

Post by outrgus »

Signed.
Shame to see it being wreck like this.

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Rumor is SLS is planning to execute a 10year logging plan in 2years, again just a rumor. Fact is there are lots of areas flagged 15k north of fallen timber for harvest.
#Z3B

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

Could it be they're afraid that the new government is going to take away their logging?

Ahamay
User
User

Post by Ahamay »

Sorry to say but signing your petition won't do a thing.

Most of these efforts for sustainable trail systems are a waste of your time. Lots of you won't like to hear this and in fact I'd be surprised if your moderators even 'let' this be posted because of the major sensorship in this club.

Just go ride while you can, enjoy it, ride where you want to, because it just doesn't matter.

Anyone paying millions to cut where they want, will get what they want. A small dirt bike club, not so much.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

Ahamay wrote:Sorry to say but signing your petition won't do a thing.

Most of these efforts for sustainable trail systems are a waste of your time. Lots of you won't like to hear this and in fact I'd be surprised if your moderators even 'let' this be posted because of the major sensorship in this club.

Just go ride while you can, enjoy it, ride where you want to, because it just doesn't matter.

Anyone paying millions to cut where they want, will get what they want. A small dirt bike club, not so much.
Ball of sunshine right there...

Knuck
User
User

Post by Knuck »

Is this accelerated plan the result of SLS being shut out of the Castle? Got to feed the mill somehow?

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Not to be a Debby-Downer, but since this is not a happy topic....

I've yet to see an area where logging is not allowed, but OHV use is. If the logging crews get kicked out, two guesses who's next. IMO the fiery voices against logging are almost comical. There are strict guidelines for buffer zones, deactivation, replanting, etc etc. It's well established that animals thrive in new growth areas. Not to mention it occurs on a 30-40 year cycle? The loggers can have it one winter, I'll take the other 29. Timber in itself is probably one of the most sustainable and recyclable industries in the world. We're not clear cutting the Amazon here folks, this is the taiga... Is plastic a better alternative to paper? I'd say no.

I'm going to print this thread, just to do my part .... :eek:

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

I think the issue is we lost a lot of trails for sustainability issues but the loggers come in with heavy equipment in the same area and mow down the whole thing.

Now that is all creared, do you really think that we will simply be allowed to go in and draw a line across that stripped cut block and call it a trail? I dare say we would get a fine for riding our bikes if we were following a bulldozer in its tracks.

I'm not saying that the lumber companies should be forced out but the powers that be should pull their heads out of their butts and take a breath of fresh air.

Which is it, the area is either too sensitive for a bike trail or so sustainable that it will be able to recover from heavy logging. It can't be both.
The voices are back. Awesome!

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

I'll just say we're not alone. http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calg ... -1.3298171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;