Club response to ESRD?

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
thirtyseven
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Club response to ESRD?

Postby thirtyseven » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:12 pm

It has come to my attention that the ESRD in the crowsnest area appear to have lost sight of their mandate and have launched on a path of their own personal agenda.

Preferring to take a bullying and threatening tone towards law abiding users and failing in their mandate to assist responsible usage of our great outdoor playground.

This behaviour must be exposed AND stopped in its tracks. Do we, as the largest club in Alberta have a responsibility to respond? Can we afford not to?
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Club response to ESRD?

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

vwrally
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Re: Club response to ESRD?

Postby vwrally » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm not a member of rmdra yet, but will be soon. I say absolutely the club should respond if it is able to do so, the more organized the better in cases like these. The best words that come to mind in this case are "gross abuse of public office". I've seen people abuse their power in administrative positions in order to advance their own personal agenda before, all it takes is one persistent (and correct, polite, knowledgeable) individual to expose them and eventually right the wrong(s), though it can take a lot of time.

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

Hooligan
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Hooligan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Sadly, it is all too true that power corrupts ... and it especially corrupts the weak minded.

In the short term the only thing you can really do is look up the laws and regulations, read and understand what exactly those laws say ... and more importantly what they do not say. Carry a copy of the law & regulations with you so that when some power mad CO tries to make up the law you can educate them on where exactly their authority ends.

They want us to live & die by the letter of the law but those laws apply as much to them as they do to us.

Advertisement

Return to “Land Advocacy”