On CBC Wbsite

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
yamit85
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

On CBC Wbsite

Post by yamit85 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3139097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: On CBC Wbsite

Post by Dobi »

at least it seems a bit balanced with the inclusion of the piece from the Alberta Off Highway Vehicles group.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

I happened to be at Bighorn Dam this past weekend. First time there. The dirt biking isn't all that much fun as there was zero singletrack that I could find. The place was very busy and there were loads of pumped up, jacked up quads and side by sides with ear splitting loud exhausts. There was a smattering of mx bikes around.

I never saw any of these massive ruts that they go on about and dont see how any machine out there could possibly make a rut six feet deep anyway. I believe they are confusing erosion with rutting.

The sanctioned trails are pretty boring and I could see why people are riding off trail. Anyway, not sure what my point is but as usual the AWA is trumping up their findings. I do agree that whatever the plan is for that area it does not appear to be working.

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

The headline is bad, but the piece itself is ok.

FYI, there is some singletrack around bighorn dam, but it isn't much. The easiest bit to find follows the bank of the lake on the south side. It can still make for a fun and interesting ride if you know your way around as there are some bermed up corners, sand flats, rock piles and other interesting features. I would not call it must-see dirt bike destination however.
-Jared
#44b